Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Line fault on Connect package

This is a discussion on Line fault on Connect package within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; I have been with Sky for a few months and ever since Sunday afternoon, when I turn the router on ...

JamieBee is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Ashford, Kent
      Broadband ISP: Unlimited
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Line fault on Connect package

I have been with Sky for a few months and ever since Sunday afternoon, when I turn the router on the internet "i" light is intermittantly flashing orange. The "on" and little "aerial" (for want of a better word) are lit green ok. I called Sky who said as I was getting Error Code 100 it is a line fault. They have put it through to Tier 3 and I was told I would get a call within 2 days. Called them last night to chase and surprise surprise the guy said it will now be up to 5 days before I get a call.

I have tried rebooting the router, leaving it off for 15 mins and then turning it back on and plugging it straight into the master socket but no joy. Anyone know what the problem may be and if there is anything I can try in the meantime ?

I have been having some connection problems over the last month or so where my PC just cannot load up one internet page due to probs with the internet and I read on here that a lot of BT wholesale Sky users were suffering this.

2. Advertisement
      IWasNotTheEnemy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LWWIL
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Now TV
      Thanks

Re: Line fault on Connect package

As a connect customer it should really be going through tier 2 as tier 3 cannot access any exchange info as you're running through BT hardware....could possibly be a line fault but tier 1 should realise ur 'offnet' and transfer you to tier 2

this should speed things up for you (hopefully)