Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

What is Connect

This is a discussion on What is Connect within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hi all, Sorry to sound dumb, but what is Sky's "Connect Broadband" and what is the difference between that and ...

ZZR6 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: EMBOSTO
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Question What is Connect

Hi all,

Sorry to sound dumb, but what is Sky's "Connect Broadband" and what is the difference between that and "See, Speak, Surf" package?

I'm lost as I want to take up the 26 offer but seem to be getting conflicting info on the Sky website.

Heeeeeelp please

Oh and they say my line supports upto 2mb. I'm on 8mb at the moment. WTF
      Last edited by ZZR6; 14-05-07 at 11:46 AM.

2. Advertisement
      newskyBOd Guest
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:

Re: What is Connect

im on connect i think its when they cant have you on sky broadband until your exchange is unbundlled

your on a BT line quite a few are having problems at the moment if you look around this forum

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

So I cant have the 26 a month for SKY/BB/Telephone then or can I.

Sky website is useless for info.

newskyBOd Guest
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:

Sky Broadband

i presume you have put your phone number in there and it has told you can recieve connect if that is the case you can only get connect yes like me and a few on here sky promise on the phone you will get max mid base in the end just what end i would like to know lol

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by newskyBOd View Post
      Sky Broadband

i presume you have put your phone number in there and it has told you can recieve connect if that is the case you can only get connect yes like me and a few on here sky promise on the phone you will get max mid base in the end just what end i would like to know lol
      So can I still get the 26 a month offer or do I get screwed for 17 for BB and 26 for 6 Mix and Phone?

I think I will be phoning the buggers.

Oh and a 40 setup fee too

newskyBOd Guest
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:

try that checker i just posted above put your phone number in i think it will tell you what your entitled to it does say im entitled to the 26 lot

Koala5 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Dunstable
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Put your phone number in this The Broadband Resource then look under the LLU section if it says sky/easynet enabled then you can have any Sky package, if not you can only have Connect. LLU enabled means you would be connected to Sky equipment in the exchange. Connect is a rebadged BT product.

newskyBOd Guest
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:

Quote Originally Posted by Koala5 View Post
      Put your phone number in this The Broadband Resource then look under the LLU section if it says sky/easynet enabled then you can have any Sky package, if not you can only have Connect. LLU enabled means you would be connected to Sky equipment in the exchange. Connect is a rebadged BT product.

mine is LLU enabled so why am i on connect

i know old story from before but he is better off checking on the sky broadband site as that will tell you exactly what you will get from sky

Koala5 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Dunstable
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by newskyBOd View Post
      mine is LLU enabled so why am i on connect

i know old story from before but he is better off checking on the sky broadband site as that will tell you exactly what you will get from sky
      Only because I don't trust them!! I checked Samknows and it said my exchange was unbundled so I went to order with Sky and they said no you can only have Connect, After several phone calls and 2 arguements they says "Oh yes sorry we made a mistake" you can order now if you wish. Ok they made a mistake. Then a month later my Aunt who is on the same exchange as me tried to order and went through the same sarga!! She also got her order after a bit of hassle.
      Although I have heard a few reports of people not being able to order because of the exchange being at capacity.

newskyBOd Guest
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:

Quote Originally Posted by Koala5 View Post
      Only because I don't trust them!! I checked Samknows and it said my exchange was unbundled so I went to order with Sky and they said no you can only have Connect, After several phone calls and 2 arguements they says "Oh yes sorry we made a mistake" you can order now if you wish. Ok they made a mistake. Then a month later my Aunt who is on the same exchange as me tried to order and went through the same sarga!! She also got her order after a bit of hassle.
      Although I have heard a few reports of people not being able to order because of the exchange being at capacity.

same here but when i tell sky all i get from them is you will be recieving a letter to come over to max etc i have tried 5 or 6 times now and different people they dont seem to grasp my situation

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast