Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Appauling Service from Sky

This is a discussion on Appauling Service from Sky within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; I have used these forums many times for information, but have never posted before. I myself have broadband with sky ...

danb is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Appauling Service from Sky

I have used these forums many times for information, but have never posted before. I myself have broadband with sky and have never had a problem with it. My mother on the other hand has had nothing but trouble since day one.

She took out sky bb connect about 6 weeks ago, migrating from TalkTalk. The service worked fine for two weeks, when it suddenly ceased (literally - no sync at all). I contacted sky on her behalf, and spoke to tier 1 support for 35 minutes - constantly being asked the same questions - before they agreed to escalate it to tier 2. The agent at tier 2 still had absolutely no technical knowledge and said it was due to an "activation problem" and he would call back, which he never did.

I called back about 3 days later (3 and a half weeks ago), and was transferred to tier 3. I was told a cease had been placed on the line, that they were re-provisioning it, and that I would get a call back within 5 days. Again nobody called, so I called back and was told that although the connection had been ceased they could not re-provision as their systems were still showing it as active, a manual cease would have to be put through which would take 5 working days (then 2 weeks to reprovision), but I would be called back before provsioning was started.

Again, no call - I rung again and was told that it would be another 5 days, and I would be called. Again (can you see a pattern here?) I was not called, so I called back. Again I was told it would be ANOTHER 5 days, so I asked to speak to a manager. Rather than go get a manager, the agent put me back into the que for an agent in another department! This agent apologised profusely and manager to transfer me to a manager in provisioning, who could barely speak english. He said that there was nothing he could do, and that it would take another 5 days. With this I gave up and decided to give them another 5 days. 6 days had passed today, rang them and they now say two weeks to put a manual cease, and two more to reprovision. Again I asked to speak to a manager and was told that the whole depart,ent only have one manager and that he was on lunch. After much arguing, they agreed that he would call me back - and guess what, he didn't.

It has now been over a month without broadband and I really am at my wits end with sky, and will be cancelling my mums broadband and sky talk aswell as mine when I am out of contract.

Rant over I am posting on here in the hope that someone may be able to offer up some advice. I sent a letter of complaint two weeks ago and recieved what was obviously a generic reply letter.

2. Advertisement
      MrStabby is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Appauling Service from Sky

It sounds as if you ordered Sky before you had TalkTalk cleared from your line.
      It happens and is a pain to sort out.

Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MrStabby View Post
      It sounds as if you ordered Sky before you had TalkTalk cleared from your line.
      It happens and is a pain to sort out.
      That post suggests that the problem arises when you are using a TalkTalk LLU line, and it is switched back to BT Wholesale. We were not on LLU through TalkTalk as the exchange has not been unbundled at all.

IWasNotTheEnemy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LWWIL
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Now TV
      Thanks

If the exchange isn't unbundled then you can't be on Max as you'd be running through Sky's LLU...

Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by IAmNotTheEnemy View Post
      If the exchange isn't unbundled then you can't be on Max as you'd be running through Sky's LLU...
      This thread is about the problems I have been having with my mums broadband connection, I am guessing you read Max from my profile - thats my connection at home

Spoke to Sky again today, theyre back to saying 5 days from now

IWasNotTheEnemy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LWWIL
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Now TV
      Thanks

so ur mum's on connect? if so, it shouldn't be in the tier 3 que as we can't do jack to sort it out...and if it's an activation issue it should be with provisioning!

Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by IAmNotTheEnemy View Post
      so ur mum's on connect? if so, it shouldn't be in the tier 3 que as we can't do jack to sort it out...and if it's an activation issue it should be with provisioning!
      It went to provisioning from tier 3, as soon as they decided what the problem actually was. All the problems I have had have been with provisioning. If you read through the post the problem is actually that the line was ceased (god knows why), but your systems don't show it as ceased, and a manual cease has apparantly been put through 4 times now!

DontHurtMe is offline Junior Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

If there are tags from Talktalk still on the line then it wouldn't have been an manual cease, and the order has obviously been rejected. Your case is most likely with SRT(Service Recovery Team) now and i have no idea how to contact them! In fact, I'd go as far as saying nobody within the Sky departments knows how to contact them!

Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

There markers on the line are clear, which is why I am considering telling sky to forget provisioning the line and going to Pipex. The order is being rejected, but its down to Sky's systems not the line markers.
      Last edited by danb; 15-05-07 at 12:51 PM.

Andy A is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Danb,

We had a very similar problem. Broadband worked for a couple of days and then disconnected. We were told that a cease order had been put on an internal sky system and would take 5 days to remove. Over a month later and calls to the helpdesk every 5 days the cease was still on the sky system. The helpdesk said that so many people had this problem that they could not tell when it would be removed and that it should be done within 5 days. When I told them that we had been told this 4 times before they then said that it could take up to 7 weeks. At this point I asked to speak to a manager, they apologised and said that there was nothing they could do to speed it up and i would just have to wait.

I asked the manager what he would do in my situation and with the responses i was getting, he said he would find another ISP. I agreed and said is that what you are recommending me to do? He said yes so we have now moved to BE. Its 14.99 a month but the download speeds are quicker, the limits are higher and it took less than a week to get connected!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast