Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Still waiting

This is a discussion on Still waiting within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Real sorry to see that mate and your right it does seem silly doesn't it, only thing I can think ...

Wheelie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stanmore LWSTAN
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Real sorry to see that mate and your right it does seem silly doesn't it, only thing I can think of is they need to install more equipment first.
      Ray

Some Advice.. Its always advisable to inform your old ISP as soon as you have migrated that you have moved.

If you would like to know the straight line distance to your exchange then
      click here
      Would you like an idea of the possible speeds you will get with the Max Package then click here or for the Connect Package then click here

2. Advertisement
      soulja is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Called sky and finnaly got through to a person who really actually was helpfull unlike the others who told me to wait another 14 days, he called BT and got back to me, it seems BT can not find the end of my line? LMAO tut tut BT silly excuse!

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Now thats a new one never heard that before

Funny cant find the end of your line but we can still bill you every month anyway
      Ray

Some Advice.. Its always advisable to inform your old ISP as soon as you have migrated that you have moved.

click here
      Would you like an idea of the possible speeds you will get with the Max Package then click here or for the Connect Package then click here

Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      LOL, I had so much grief with BT at my local exchange, I have a fault of intermittent over hearing on my line, had lots of engineer visits, with the majority of them saying they believe the issue is likely to be down to the part of my line that is Aluminium and it needs to be replaced with copper, but the manager at the exchange disagreed he sent some of his top bods down who told me the fault was down to the Telewest cables, when I explained the service was not live as I had cancelled over 1 year ago, they said its likely to be your sky dish! they then after calling there manager realised I was with LLU server provider they decided the fault was down to Easynets equipment, to cut a long story short, I ended up complaining but BT decided that I was only after 8mbit Broadband and this was the reason I wanted my line repaired, but I already had ADSL2+ from UKonline running at 12mbps... I complained to Otela, and it seems they just like to also side with BT, so I still have problems with my voice line. And it seems anytime the exchange have anything to do with my line they try to teach me a lesson by leaving me without a service for a few days and now they can't find the end of my line LOL, even though 4 weeks back they ceased the LLU part of the line after I cancelled with UKOnline!

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      I don't believe it

No sorry I do believe it of BT what a real pain

They tried to charge me 55 call out charge to go to the exchange and fix the mess they created.
      Ray

click here

Johnny7 is offline Sky User Beta tester
      Exchange: High Wycombe (SMHY)
      Broadband ISP: Plusnet Fibre
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
      I shall just keep going on my Virgin connection till I get activated, still got 20 odd days till my MAC code runs out.
      More to do with BT cease and provide dates than the length of a MAC. What does your BT Tracker say?
      John in High Wycombe

Gaztops is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Wanadoo/Orange
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      @ soulja

An over hearing fault is usually caused by your telephone line partially coming into contact with someone elses line. My money is on the aluminum cable as the insulation on aluminum conductors is thinner than the insulation on a cable with copper conductors.

Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      BT think otherwise they think the sky dish is causing it lol , I gave up at then end, I wish sky would take over the rental of the line also, I rather not pay BT anything! I use telewest from my calls now.. and the BT line just for ADSL.

Gaztops is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Wanadoo/Orange
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      My Sky dish isn't plugged into the telephone line...LoL

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Funny you should say that Gaz nor is mine

@soulja

Doh!
      Ray

click here

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast