Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Problems ordering Sky ADSL

This is a discussion on Problems ordering Sky ADSL within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hi all, Has anyone had serious problems with ordering Sky ADSL ? I signed up in early April, but the ...

ianmcmillan is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LANGSIDE
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Problems ordering Sky ADSL

Hi all,

Has anyone had serious problems with ordering Sky ADSL?

I signed up in early April, but the order failed due to problems with the MAC code from my current ISP.

The order went through again with a new MAC code, however since 12/04/07 it has been sitting at a "Pre-active cancel" at Sky's end due to a "postcode" problem with the second order. The postcode provided was correct and tallies up with BT Wholesale's systems (according to BT).

It has sat at a pre-active cancel since then, almost a month ago. If the second MAC code hasn't already expired, it will do very shortly. Regular phone calls to Sky say I will just need to wait and they have escalated this internally, but can do no more but sit on it and wait.

To add insult to injury, I was looking to cancel instead due to the delays, but Sky won't let me cancel the TV service (which I only took out to get broadband as they insist) saying its a seperate 12 month contract and I have missed the cooling off period!

I signed up for Sky ADSL to get reasonably priced ADSL with a TV service purely as a bonus - I am now stuck paying my current ISP AND Sky for TV which is not what I signed up for at all!

Does anyone know how to progress this, as I have exhausted the complaints procedure within Sky.

Thanks,
      Ian

2. Advertisement
      Koala5 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Dunstable
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Problems ordering Sky ADSL

Mmmm NO! Sorry lets try to be a bit more positive, I think you need to speak to a department called "Provisioning" if you search the forum for that word you may find an easy way to get through to them. I can assure you that it is worth the wait once you get it sorted, I have been with Sky since November and am quite happy.

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

It is the provisioning team I've been speaking to, they are rather rude and unhelpful!

stejonda is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LSORP
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I've just been speaking to Provisioning after more than a month in pre active cancel. 'Stephen' could tell me no more than the people on the front line. Half-way through the call I heard him stretch and yawn as he spoke.

I was impressed by Sky until this.

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by stejonda View Post
      I've just been speaking to Provisioning after more than a month in pre active cancel. 'Stephen' could tell me no more than the people on the front line. Half-way through the call I heard him stretch and yawn as he spoke.

I was impressed by Sky until this.
      Let us know how you get on - I've been stuck on pre-active cancel since 12th April!!!

lifechooser is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Hopefully this is the right thread to rant into.

I'm finding the whole ordering experience baffling.

I gave my mac code to Sky 2 months ago. I forgot all about it for a few weeks, expecting my current broadband to suddenly die, at which point I'd plug the sky router in. After a while I realised it wasn't happening so I called sky.

It turns out that they had entered the mac code into the system wrong and it was rejected by BT, but they didn't call me to tell me. Also that mac code was due to expire the day afterwards so I needed a new one.

So, on the 3rd May I got a new code from pipex (never an easy task!), phoned sky and was told.

"there is a problem in the system where people give a mac code for a second or more time, where it puts the customer into a cancel state. We can't take your order now, hopefully it will be resolved next week, call back then." I wonder if this happened to you which is why you got stuck in a pre-active cancel state?

So I did. Same thing.
      And the following week, but this time I interupted the "could I start by taking your phone number" bit to save time.
      And the following week.
      This week I hit a newbie who didn't know the situation, but after taking my details, he spoke to his supervisor and told me that it was still the case, and sky would now contact me to let me know when it's cleared.

Anyone know what's going on? It's costing me £20 / month in subs to pipex who I'm trying to leave in a fit of rage. "I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU'RE TREATING ME LIKE THIS! I'M OUT OF HERE. Soon. really. I mean it. give me 3 or 4 months and I'll be gone. yes I'm still here, but I'm going. honest. give me a sec." etc.

Richard

saf
      saf is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Exactly the same thing happened to me, I have been trying to order since February and only just a few days ago managed to get an order placed. Sky seems to be having a serious problem with migration orders where they fail the first time round. The only way I was able to get it sorted in the end was to email Mr Murdoch and complain to him about it, I also submitted a complaint to ISPA. Eventually after they tried to fob me off saying I must wait for their system analysts to solve the problems they placed a manual order to bypass their system problems. You should try sending an email and complain in strong terms as I donít believe the customer service can do much to help you. They promised several times to escalate the situation and phone me back but never did.

TSx
      TSx is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Unfortunately, we have nearly a thousand orders sitting in pre active cancel. For reasons no-one I work with can fathom, we are only allowed to escalate 10 a day to the relevant department. For those sharp eyed mathmaticians amongst you, you'll realise that the current delay on getting a pre active cancel removed is around 100 days. On the phones, we are told to say 10 or 30 working days depending on who you speak to.

Sorry, but its as frustrating for us in provisioning as it is for you...

edit: When we say we've escalated it, we have! but all that happens is it gets added to a big spreadsheet somewhere...

TSx
      TSx is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ianmcmillan View Post
      It is the provisioning team I've been speaking to, they are rather rude and unhelpful!
      We do try our best, but our job as a department primarily consists of escalations and information - all that front office can do is escalate it, and non of the back office teams, except for SRT (who generally deal with BT problems) take incoming calls. Its not that we're deliberately being unhelpful, its that there is nothing, beyond escalating the issue, that we can do.

lifechooser is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

How do those 10 people get chosen? Are they picked at random, or is it a queuing system? What's your minimum bribe level to put me on the spreadsheet?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast