Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Problems ordering Sky ADSL

This is a discussion on Problems ordering Sky ADSL within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Originally Posted by lifechooser How do those 10 people get chosen? Are they picked at random, or is it a ...

TSx
      TSx is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Problems ordering Sky ADSL

Quote Originally Posted by lifechooser View Post
      How do those 10 people get chosen? Are they picked at random, or is it a queuing system? What's your minimum bribe level to put me on the spreadsheet?
      First come first served. From memory, currently being done are escalations from the beginning-middle of April... if you've been escalated it'll be on there (and unfortunately, I have no access to the spreadsheet )

2. Advertisement
      jonny1st is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

customer service is basically a switchboard, customer relations are mindless idiots that butt in to situations they have no clue about. Pre-active cancel is because nobody at sky has the faintest clue who does the datafixes.
      It doesn't get better than this band lol

ianmcmillan is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LANGSIDE
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Thanks to everyone for their replies. Has anyone in a similar situation managed to get it sorted yet?

I'm still in the same situation with Sky being as rude and useless as ever, and not responding to complaints.

Thanks,
      Ian

TSx
      Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jonny1st View Post
      customer service is basically a switchboard, customer relations are mindless idiots that butt in to situations they have no clue about. Pre-active cancel is because nobody at sky has the faintest clue who does the datafixes.
      The specific department that does these datafixes is called CSE - they will only take 10 pre active cancels a day for removal, in the order that they are put into pre active cancel, so if theres 600 on the spreadsheet, the most recently escalated are looking at 60 working days for removal...

That is why we are told specifically to say that there is no timescale on getting them removed.

TSx
      Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ianmcmillan View Post
      Thanks to everyone for their replies. Has anyone in a similar situation managed to get it sorted yet?

I'm still in the same situation with Sky being as rude and useless as ever, and not responding to complaints.

Thanks,
      Ian
      As I said earlier, I've seen quite a few that have been resolved, generally ones which were put into pre active cancel (which is the point at which you give your MAC code on the second order, not the initial order date)

I'll put my hands up and say that I personally am useless in this situation - once its been escalated, it goes through a procedure outlined above. Nothing I, or anyone else at Sky can do will get it fixed/resolved any sooner...

ianmcmillan is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LANGSIDE
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TSx View Post
      As I said earlier, I've seen quite a few that have been resolved, generally ones which were put into pre active cancel (which is the point at which you give your MAC code on the second order, not the initial order date)

I'll put my hands up and say that I personally am useless in this situation - once its been escalated, it goes through a procedure outlined above. Nothing I, or anyone else at Sky can do will get it fixed/resolved any sooner...
      Thanks - not your fault indeed, but something majorly up there that Sky are only unable to fix 10 a day!

I've been waiting roughly 50 working days, so hopefully not much longer!

Cheers,
      Ian

jonny1st is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ianmcmillan View Post
      Thanks - not your fault indeed, but something majorly up there that Sky are only unable to fix 10 a day!

I've been waiting roughly 50 working days, so hopefully not much longer!

Cheers,
      Ian
      U have the patience of a saint. I think if sky departments had a bit more transparency with each other the customer may actually get a better deal and not be headed off at the mass with nonsense timeframes and misinformation
      It doesn't get better than this band lol

TSx
      Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Communications is a problem - Provisioning are told to give no timescales at all now, other departments don't necessarily have this information; although I let people know its a matter of weeks rather than days...

FrostFree is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

All I can wish you is luck, sky seem unable to deal with line provisioning if the process encounters any form of error.

I was stuck in limbo as well since March and eventually had to cancel. Fortunately my existing broadband is still on even though my current provider have confirmed twice that it's turned off!

Frostfree

Perseus is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TSx View Post
      Unfortunately, we have nearly a thousand orders sitting in pre active cancel. For reasons no-one I work with can fathom, we are only allowed to escalate 10 a day to the relevant department.
      Because Chordiant System Enquiries don't allocate resources to free up Pending Cancels. They'll only accept it in small numbers because they have other tasks within their remit.

Sounds ludicrous to me. The only people capable of fixing a problem like this aren't seconded to actually resolve the issue completely. They need to allocate a team just for Pending and Pre-Active Cancels. But then, that would be common sense.

How about giving Provisioning the ability to free up stuck accounts ? I've been asking for this since September 2006 !!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast