Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Sky Has Temporary MAC Resubmission Problem

This is a discussion on Sky Has Temporary MAC Resubmission Problem within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hi, I've had a quick scan of the forum and can't see this mentioned elsewhere, so I'm just giving a ...

liquidfinale is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Sky Has Temporary MAC Resubmission Problem

Hi,

I've had a quick scan of the forum and can't see this mentioned elsewhere, so I'm just giving a quick heads-up for those migrating to Sky from another broadband supplier:

I recently signed up for Sky Broadband Max, ensuring that I gave Sky my Migration Authorisation Code at the earliest opportunity. Unfortunately, and this is entirely my own fault, I hadn't noticed that this had already expired. Sky promptly informed me of my error, and I obtained a new code from my current supplier at the weekend.

When I came to give my new MAC to Sky, I was informed that there is a problem with their systems which means that when they try to input a new MAC after a wrong one has already been submitted, it puts the application into a "cancellation cycle" which can take three weeks to clear.

I was then told that I should instead wait five working days until the systems problem has been resolved, before attempting to hand over the new code.

So if you're in a similar position of having to resubmit a new code, make sure to ask the customer services representative if the difficulties with their systems have been sorted out before you do, else you could be on the receiving end of an additional three-week wait.

Alternatively, give Sky the correct bloody code in the first place!

2. Advertisement
      newskyBOd Guest
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:

Re: Sky Has Temporary MAC Resubmission Problem

good information or bad if your going through it anyway i noticed another talking about something like that here

How long does it take?