Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Realy need advice now

This is a discussion on Realy need advice now within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; OK, So sky(easynet) have reduced my connection speed from 8mb to 4mb meaning in speed tests I get 3.5mb, having ...

madrat is offline Banned
      Exchange: Hinckley
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

Realy need advice now

OK, So sky(easynet) have reduced my connection speed from 8mb to 4mb meaning in speed tests I get 3.5mb, having done this everything is stable, but I am disappointed in the speed considering my line is supposed to be LLU. My line attenuation is 37db down and 27db up Noise Margin is 21db down and 14 up. I don't use micro filters as the main socket is filtered and the router connected directly to it. I have tyred disconnecting the phone extension wiring and turning off ALL other electrical items, but the stats stay the same. Is ther anything else I or Sky/Easynet can do to increase the speed and keep things stable? I am about 1.5 km from exchange and according to tests should be able to get upto 8mb. My sister is 2.5km from exchange and on the mid package so is on ADSL2 and gets nearly 5mb her attenuation is higher but noise is lower, is it the noise level thats the problem? if so what can be done?

2. Advertisement
      MrStabby is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Realy need advice now

Why was it reduced? intermittent connection?
      The stats you've posted there look healthy.

madrat is offline Banned
      Thanks

Speed would start dropping over the day down to 350mb sometimes it would drop out, and I would have to reboot router.

Affter emailing James Murdock, got a call from his office and a call from Easy Net, said they wanted to make changes to my exchange, affter first call speed droped to 5mb, then he called back to say thigs looked unstable and could he make another change, affter that speed went down to 4mb, not once did he mention lowering speed. I must say everything is stable now, but I want the speed back.

reddwarfcrew is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Thats the price you pay!

Sky have identified errors on your line so have capped you back to a stable connection, which is what you asked for.

You'll have to speak to sky, but I have to say you mailed the CEO complaining and now want to go back to how you were?

If you have a line that isn;t the best, then there's not a lot sky can do unless you can persuade BT to correct the problems (which they won't).

everything is stable now, because your line has been capped back to a level where there are no errors.

It's a choice between speed and stability, your decison but don't be surprised if sky won't play ball as you've alread complained about the stability to Mr M.

madrat is offline Banned
      Thanks

Also complained about speed slowing to a crawl, terable customer service, etc,etc. So they havent sorted everything, and I wont be leaving it like that.

madrat is offline Banned
      Thanks

Mr Stabby seams to have sorted thing from his end.

Speed back up to 8mb and so far all is nice and stable.

Thank you so much Mr Stabby, Sky and other ISP take note if you don't do something WE, the users will sort things out ourselves