Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Getting service back after hijack

This is a discussion on Getting service back after hijack within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; In summary about 2 months ago I migrated from Pipex to Sky, this worked fine for about 3 days then ...

flatpackedworld is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: THBK
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

Getting service back after hijack

In summary about 2 months ago I migrated from Pipex to Sky, this worked fine for about 3 days then I had the service drop for 2 weeks. Once that was resolved the Sky ADSL worked for about a week then went again. After many phone calls it turned out Pipex had hijacked the line back.

That was over 3.5 weeks ago. After much hassling I got the line clear and tag/marker free, that happened last Friday. Sky are now doing nothing. All I get told is that it's with the reactivation department and tier 3 can't do anything about it.

Has anyone else had this and got and suggestions on who else I can call or do I have to hope that Sky might reconnect me sometime?

Incidentally the BroadbandCustomerService@bskyb.com email address doesn't work either now for me, get strange bounce backs from gmail.

A very frustrated and fed up me.

2. Advertisement
      petergreenfield is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Beaconsfield
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Getting service back after hijack

Quote Originally Posted by flatpackedworld View Post
      .......then I had the service drop for 2 weeks. Once that was resolved the Sky ADSL worked for about a week then went again. After many phone calls it turned out Pipex had hijacked the line back.

That was over 3.5 weeks ago. After much hassling I got the line clear and tag/marker free, that happened last Friday. Sky are now doing nothing. All I get told is that it's with the reactivation department and tier 3 can't do anything about it.
      This is not unusual, the same thing happened to me in January. I lost my telephone line and broadband. BT reconnected the 'phone the next day. When I asked BT about my broadband reconnection they said ' You do not have broadband'! I had had sky BB for 2 months! On contacting sky they said it would take 30 days for a reconnect - it actually took 45 days despite calling nearly every day each time being told --tomorrow!
      The annoying thing is, apart from having to do periodic router reboots, I quite like sky as I get 12-14.8 MB/sec pretty consistently.
      Regards
      Peter