Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Transferred today,Error 300, Help please??

This is a discussion on Transferred today,Error 300, Help please?? within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hi Guys and Gals, I have been swapped over to Sky today but cannot connect to the Internet (Error 300) ...

Deso is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Westhoughton
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Transferred today,Error 300, Help please??

Hi Guys and Gals, I have been swapped over to Sky today but cannot connect to the Internet (Error 300) I am synced at 8096/768.
      Does the possible 3 day waiting period apply to the time that BT change you over or the time after you have been put on Sky?
      The way I understand it is that now I have been transferred from ADSL Max to Sky, I should now have internet.
      I have tried the router reset and turning it off for an hour but no good.

PS I am on dial up at the moment so it is not feasible to spend half the night searching the forum

Regards, Neil
      Regards, Neil

If only Carlsberg did broadband

2. Advertisement
      IanMax is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Peartree
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Transferred today,Error 300, Help please??

You mat be still connected to your old isp's details. Try your old adsl modem / router with your exact old settings for it. Some people change over smoothly and others seem to stay on there old login details even though the change over to sky should have been done, doesn't mean that bt have swapped you over yet.
      Bt phone socket and wiring help > http://www.skyuser.co.uk/forum/cabling-faceplate-help/

Router stats and help on understanding them > http://www.skyuser.co.uk/forum/router-stats/

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Hi Ian, My old isp is off now and I am synced at different speeds, also BT tracker says my order is complete.
      Regards, Neil

psychocandy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: rhiwderin
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Deso View Post
      Hi Guys and Gals, I have been swapped over to Sky today but cannot connect to the Internet (Error 300) I am synced at 8096/768.
      Does the possible 3 day waiting period apply to the time that BT change you over or the time after you have been put on Sky?
      The way I understand it is that now I have been transferred from ADSL Max to Sky, I should now have internet.
      I have tried the router reset and turning it off for an hour but no good.

PS I am on dial up at the moment so it is not feasible to spend half the night searching the forum

Regards, Neil
      Neil,

Exactly the same as I'm getting. Switched over yesterday from a different ISP but no connection....

Have you had any joy yet?

I spoke to 1st level support and they've raised a ticket for me and told me it could be 5 working days before 2nd line call me back.

Nice one, eh?

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I rang Sky on the freephone number last night, having received a text message at 7pm to tell me my connection was now live, I was put through to tier 1 and after the usual checking procedures I politely but firmly asked to be put through to tier 3.
      I was put in the queue and got through in about 10 minutes,this was about 9.45pm.
      Tier 3 guy was helpful and did several tests but was unable to find my router MAC address on the system so has passed it to OPS as my line does not appear to have been configured properly.
      He told me it would be 3 - 5 days but it more than likely would be lees than 5 days.

So now I just have to wait and see.

I feel much better knowing that I have spoken to someone at tech level and at least I know that my problem is being dealt with instead of the waiting for a phone call to discuss the problem and then having to start another 5 day wait.
      Regards, Neil

chestercopperpot is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: whitchurch cardiff
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

You've got a lot of phonecalls ahead of you and be prepared to go without the Internet for a few weeks.

I had exactly the same transferred over from BT and error code 300. Could sync with exchange but not on sky system according to tier 3.
      Had to phone up nearly everyday for 3 weeks, over 14 hours on phone! And only because I had the direct tier 3 phone number (which they have now disconnected) managed to speed It up at all.

Ended up with BT tag on line, took ages to remove then surprise surprise TIE PAIR problem. That still didn't get fixed initally but finally worked when BT went back in to check it out.

If you can get the problem escalated to 'tier 4' then they are excellent and will give you all the answers unlike some of tier 3 who haven't got a clue and promise every time to ring back but never do.

Good luck as you'll need it. Oh, ditch the sky router (was sent 2 by some chance) and you'll never get disconnections at all. Using my old BT voyager and It works great.

IWasNotTheEnemy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LWWIL
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Now TV
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chestercopperpot View Post
      Good luck as you'll need it. Oh, ditch the sky router (was sent 2 by some chance) and you'll never get disconnections at all. Using my old BT voyager and It works great.
      which is in breach of t&c and we will flat refuse u tech support should you call in with an issue.....just so you're warned (even though I don't personally see what's wrong with it)

MrStabby is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chestercopperpot View Post
      If you can get the problem escalated to 'tier 4' then they are excellent and will give you all the answers unlike some of tier 3 who haven't got a clue and promise every time to ring back but never do.
      Tier 4? Who are they?

chestercopperpot is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: whitchurch cardiff
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by IAmNotTheEnemy View Post
      which is in breach of t&c and we will flat refuse u tech support should you call in with an issue.....just so you're warned (even though I don't personally see what's wrong with it)

That old chesnut. I remember when BT spouted the exact same and everyone was quoting the t&c when you swapped out the frog (old usb router which was given out when BT rolled out broadband years ago). Same thing happened then, swap router and troubles disappear along with t&c not worth bothering about as It's only really to cover tech support. And as though someone would even tell tech support your using a non-sky router.

And 'tier 4' is a man and a woman from what I could gather. Try and get through to them as they do ring you back and are very helpful.