Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

No Broadband (Again), BT Wholesale Error???

This is a discussion on No Broadband (Again), BT Wholesale Error??? within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Sky take the money so should take ownership of problems. They're good at sending emails with offers but can they ...

Dave f is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Alexandria
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: No Broadband (Again), BT Wholesale Error???

Sky take the money so should take ownership of problems. They're good at sending emails with offers but can they send emails even explaining any issues that are apparently effecting thousands of their customers? It's the not knowing when things are wrong or when you'll get back online.

2. Advertisement
      NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Cannot disagree, and that is one of Sky's biggest failings communication imho, however if BT's Network is down, Sky cannot do anything about it. BT will not let anyone else near their equipment.

Sky sell the service, but rent it off BT, just like any other ISP, like Plusnet, F2S etc, and to be honest those ISP's do exactly the same, blame it on BT. (excludes LLU products of course)

~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Follow us on Twitter @skyuser

tapzilla2k is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Oxford SMOF
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

At least with other ISP's they have a service status page that lets customers know if they are having problems or will be carrying out maintence work (i know easynet has a service status page, but the majority of sky broadband users will probably not know about it). I think that would be a useful feature to have and more explaination of what the error codes the router gives out may make it easier to explain things over the phone.
      There must have been a failure on BT's RADIUS servers, as it seems my inability to connect yesterday was down to authetication errors.
      I just think it's time Sky sorted out it's telephone customer service support system, it's a nightmare to use when things go wrong. I got into a right old fight with one CS rep over sky+ features not being switched on my SkyHD box, Pennine Plus (the place i got the SkyHD box from) sorted it out within 5 minutes when they rang sky. Sky do offer good services, it's the customer support that lets it down when things go wrong.

Stumpy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stainton
      Broadband ISP: BT Infinity 2
      Router: BT Home Hub
      Sky TV: Sky Q Silver
      Thanks

I checked easynet's status page at the time of the last outage and it showed a full board of green!

It would be sensible, you would have thought, to provide a decent status page ... at least it would stop everyone bunging up their lines asking about the same problem. But then, perhaps they prefer that, as they're getting money for calls to customer "services" even when you can't get through.

It would also have been sensible to provide a backup dial-up number ...

Isitme is online now Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

I checked easynet's status page at the time of the last outage and it showed a full board of green!
      Unfortunately, Easynet have no control over the Connect supply, as pointed out above, this is down to BT.

It would be very useful if Sky, from their enormous budget for Broadband, could allocate 2 or 3 technicians to work permanently on this forum, officially. I am sure our founders would welcome this and I think one of them even suggested it in another thread. I wonder if it would be possible for NR or SD to contact Sky and ask them to consider this? Other ISPs use this system to great advantage.

Thanks
      Blog Entries

I wonder if it would be possible for NR or SD to contact Sky and ask them to consider this?
      We have contacted Sky about this on numerous occasions. Although, at the moment we cannot say that we have had a success. I would hope it is sooner, rather than later, I think they already know that they are more than welcome.

~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Thanks

Thats good to know. Would it help if you organized a poll asking forum members if they would like Sky technicians participation in the forum? A favourable result could give you some ammunition. Obviously they would have to be techs and not 'script readers'

Thanks
      Blog Entries

It's already in the Rate my Sky Survey

http://www.skyuser.co.uk/forum/survey.php

I agree about the more technical would be needed. In fact they could do so much by helping members out etc. A service status page would be a great start, and if a problem with the network, they would be free to announce it and so on.

Dave f is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Alexandria
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

If and when I have a problem with my internet connection (sadly too frequently these days) the first thing I do is come to this site for info. That says a lot for Sky's official support/customer service.

Great site with fab people willing to share their knowledge. I've been a lurker for a long time.

Thanks

Yes, I found it there but many will not bother as it is a part of a long survey. I have not done this myself yet as I am waiting till I am on the proper Sky service. A poll dedicated to this subject only would pull more voters I think.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast