Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

No Broadband (Again), BT Wholesale Error???

This is a discussion on No Broadband (Again), BT Wholesale Error??? within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Me too. Mine went from around 6pm and came back on at about 9pm. Checking my router log it also ...

Andy_G is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: EAROC
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Re: No Broadband (Again), BT Wholesale Error???

Me too.
      Mine went from around 6pm and came back on at about 9pm.
      Checking my router log it also went down for about 4 hours during last night.

2. Advertisement
      dholdi is offline Sky User Beta tester
      Exchange: LCRIB
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Mines been down all day, phoned a muppet and he told me it was a national outage of the connect package - first time its happened to me in 8 months tho and hopefully i'll be on max soon, so not too mad about it

Alan b is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Unlimited
      Sky TV: 2 x Sky+ HD
      Thanks

I have no idea what time mine went down but when I try to get online at 6.35 I couldn't until it came back around 9pm tonight. I did manage to get connected to the BT Wholesale error page so I knew it must have been a network problem. It is the first time I have had such an issue since I have been with Sky since last October.

hermann is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stockport
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Mine was down from about 6pm for a few hours... that's about 7 or 8 hours now in the last couple of days for me anyway.

starduster is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Langley Mill
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

mine down again too, that's wednesday & today it's been down for a few hours at a time.
      'If it's not broke ~ fix it until it is'

Mid package
      wireless speed test ~ router connected 4 extensions away from the master socket in the spare bedroom ... I think I need to move further away from the exchange, it's blocking my view of the sewage farm

Alan b is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Unlimited
      Sky TV: 2 x Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Oh well at least next time it happens at least I will know I am not the only one suffering because I always think I am the only one with the connection issues as I did tonight until I saw the BT error page then I released it must have been a more wider issue.

Stumpy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stainton
      Broadband ISP: BT Infinity 2
      Router: BT Home Hub
      Sky TV: Sky Q Silver
      Thanks

This is silly. today I was offline until around about 9.30pm .... most of the day. Managed to get connected for about an hour or so in the middle, but otherwise useless. This is the second time this week.

I reckon I've doubled my monthly subscription costs simply by ringing Sky trying get updates. Most of the time I spend a few minutes going through automated menus to be told that I've rung at a busy time (but they are available 24 hours a day!) and to ring back later .... HA!

When I have managed to get through, I've had the "national outage for Connect customers" story (interspersed with the odd "maybe they're upgrading your exchange" story) read from a script. Last time I got passed to three different people (without being asked first) each telling me the same thing after going through the lengthy account confirmation process. Today when I questioned the woman, she put the phone down on me!

Happy days. Especially as my exchange was enabled for LLU last November and I still haven't been transferred as they're "over-subscribed". Grrrrr.

Can ANYONE give me a reason for these outages? We have two seperate connections in our house, as my husband works from home and his work has provided his internet connect to his office computer through a different company, which was still working. So it must be linked to a Sky fault ...

tapzilla2k is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Oxford SMOF
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Probably a problem between Sky's network and BT's network.
      My connection went off around 2am on saturday, then it went off again just before 6pm in the evening. I did ring Sky last night, but i heard the national outage message and put the phone down.

If this keeps happening, then i might pay off the rest of my contract so i can leave. I had a phonecall from Sky a while ago about another problem after i'd emailed the James Murdoch address. I did say they needed to improve the broadband customer support, but got the usual "it's a very busy time, it's a new product", which is wearing a bit thin now. When Sky broadband works it's a fairly good service. I think Sky really need to think about moving the broadband technical support out of the current system so they can have more technically minded people on the lines who can sort the problems out, and not go by a script. Which just leads to frustrations and tempers boiling over on the phone lines and on the internet.

Dave f is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Alexandria
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I've been disconnected from my broadband connection three times now this week and my download speed is pathetic. This Connect package is a load of poop! I'm beginning to get really cheesed off with it all.

I've phoned them this week and spoke to someone who seemed to be pretty clueless and couldn't help much at all. I sent them an email today but don't expect much.

I wish I'd stayed with Tiscali instead of this crap.

Last edited by NewsreadeR; 06-05-07 at 06:45 PM. Reason: removed attempt to bypass swearfilter

NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

If Connect is down, Sky have no control over that, its the same as been on ADSLMAX and even with anyother ISP, its beyond their control. Unless of course that ISP has LLU capabilities.

~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Follow us on Twitter @skyuser

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast