Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

How do i get a faulty router replaced? HELP PLEASE :(

This is a discussion on How do i get a faulty router replaced? HELP PLEASE :( within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Rather than try to explane my problems, i have pasted a copy of the letter i have sent to sky. ...

Imajica is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

How do i get a faulty router replaced? HELP PLEASE :(

Rather than try to explane my problems, i have pasted a copy of the letter i have sent to sky. This problem has been going on since jan 2007 and i am at me wits end. I know its a long letter but please read and if possible, advise what i should do next. I am still waiting or a reply from sky.....

Dear Sir

I am writing to you with a last ditch hope that you can assist me with a THREE month, on going problem with my Sky broadband router box. Let me explain the problems I am having. I took out a subscription to sky tv late last year. I have the full Sky package of channels. The installation went fine and I have had no problems with the service. I then decided to change my ISP from AOL to Sky. I have the Max, 16 mg connection for which I pay £10.00 a month. My line became live in November 2006. The installation went as planned and my system worked fine until January of 2007 when I started to experience problems connecting to the internet. After speaking to someone in the technical support department and having some one phone me back from the level three tech support team, it was decided that the router/modem box was at fault and needed to be replaced. I was told I would receive a replacement box within 5 to 7 working days. This was back in January 2007. I am still waiting to receive a replacement box. Since January, I have phoned every 2 to 3 weeks with no satisfaction what so ever. I have been through the Tech support routine THREE times and have been issued with THREE ticket numbers which have all resulted in the agreement that the box is at fault and needs to be replaced. I am using a borrowed router at the moment and have been doing so for three months with limited speed and performance. The problem seems to be with finding someone who is able or willing to make the decision to order me a replacement router. Each time I phone I get a different response. Sometime I will be told that a new box has been ordered and will be with me in “5 to 7 working days”, other times I am told that they have no record of a box being ordered or even needed!! Customer service tell me to phone sales, sales tell me to phone Tech support (which I have done three times) and tech support tell me to phone customer service. No department seems to have the facility to order and deliver a replacement box. I am constantly being fobbed off with excuses each time I ring. I could buy my own Netgear router, new, from eBay for about £30.00 but I should not need to do this. I find it totally unacceptable that I have had to wait this long for some satisfaction and have still had to pay for a service that I am not receiving. I am considering leaving Sky altogether due to the terrible service I have received. I would like to hear from you in the very near future with a solution to my issues as this situation is becoming more and more frustrating and is totally unacceptable.

Yours sincerely

Any help or advise would be great.

Thank you

Paul

2. Advertisement
      newskyBOd Guest
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:

Re: How do i get a faulty router replaced? HELP PLEASE :(

thats crazy

customer services are the ones you can complain too at the end of the day say if its not sorted i will be reporting you to offcom and trading standards

you are clearly not getting the service you are paying for

when they send the router it takes 3-5 days no more

maybe send a recorded delivery letter to head office explaining your circumstances

ive heard bad storys about most isp's but how anyone can let you be without what you pay for is beyond me

tapzilla2k is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Oxford SMOF
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Send an email to the James Murdoch email address (i can't remember what it is at the moment though). Things usually get sorted when you email that address, as it's Murdochs team that deal with it i think.

jun10r is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Fleetwood
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Thatnk you very much for taking the time to reply to my post. I have taken your advice and sent an email to James Murdoch. I am not waiting for a reply.

Thanx again.

Paul

krisb1701d is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Tesco ADSL
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Generally if you want a new router without any hassle. tell them the test light is on your router
      Lungs locked, lips locked. Join the renaissance

The Doctor is offline Skyuser Member
      Exchange: SSNOR
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

The thing is, they will happily order you a router it sounds like after that its going wrong.

so the rep you spoke to on the phone may have orderd it, it says done 3-5 days and nothin happens. No way for them to see that.

Hopefull your email will get someone to manually send you one out.

krisb1701d is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Tesco ADSL
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Guinness View Post
      The thing is, they will happily order you a router it sounds like after that its going wrong.

so the rep you spoke to on the phone may have orderd it, it says done 3-5 days and nothin happens. No way for them to see that.

Hopefull your email will get someone to manually send you one out.
      No there is a WAY TO SEE IT.
      Tech support just arn't shown how todo It!
      Lungs locked, lips locked. Join the renaissance

GedNE is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0191
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Now this sounds familiar... been in your shoes my friend, messed around trying to get a replacement router.

I sent an email (well two actually!) to Mr Murdoch - one from my Sky email (and got a generic reply!) and one from consumeractiongroup email (I paid £6 for it for 12 month..) and got a different approach..

My problem was resolved almost instantly, call back from Customer Relations and now have a direct contact in there department who "monitors" any problems I may have. Handy guy to have in Sky!..lol..

I will drop you a PM with some details and contact which may help you go through the runaround I went through..

Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Hi Ged and thank you for the post and for the PM

I will give them a bell 1st thing Monday morning and let you and the forum know how i get on.

Thanx again

Paul

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast