Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Anyone Activated in April?

This is a discussion on Anyone Activated in April? within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; After my order was recently cancelled, the CS girl advised me not to re-order until 5 May because there's currently ...

FrostFree is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Anyone Activated in April?

After my order was recently cancelled, the CS girl advised me not to re-order until 5 May because there's currently a bug with their systems preventing new orders from being processed successfully. This is in spite of sales telling me it was OK to re-order after looking up my phone number.

So I'm just wondering if there's been a problem recently, cos a few people on the forums who ordered around the same time as me (late March) seem to have encountered problems as well.

Has anyone been sucessfully activated in April on base, mid or max? Please let me know and to those of you who work for Sky is there any truth in what I was told?

Thanks.

FrostFree

2. Advertisement
      Pharuk is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Spennymoor
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Anyone Activated in April?

I was activated on 5th April... and according to them I also had a cease order on my line...

After weeks of arguing and trying to convince them I was actually on Sky BB and was happy with it, I managed to get ADSL2+ turned on, on my line..
      Only thing I cannot access is email as it says I have not got an account set up... but thats covered in other threads..

So in answer to your question I was migrated from AOL to Sky using MAC code.

greyrider is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: O2
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

Lots of people where activated with no problem, apparantly, a few of them posted here, Activated now then please post info here
      Maybe it's not so much a case of the whole of April, but rather a specific date, it's unlikely such a large company would leave off taking orders for an entire month.

jayhab is offline Site Content Team
      Exchange: Connah's Quay
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited Fibre
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: not any more!
      Thanks

Migrated on 4th April - all fine and dandy. Ordered for my Sister on the 22nd April - she migrates tomorrow.

Exchange:
      Thanks

Thanks for the replies, it's re-assuring to know orders were processed, so I'll re-order, fingers crossed.

Frostfree

Exchange:
      Thanks

Really bad news here, just been told my new order could not be processed due to a 'technical fault' with their systems and that I have to cancel again and re-order on a future date when it's fixed. She says someone will call to advise when (yeah right.....).

My 20 quid's refunded, I've got their router, so its looking like a new provider for me then. I'm sad it came to this as I really wanted sky broadband but I seriously doubt they can connect me in the near future. Anyone working for sky willing to look into my order? PM me.

Frostfree

newskyBOd Guest
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:

Quote Originally Posted by FrostFree View Post
      Really bad news here, just been told my new order could not be processed due to a 'technical fault' with their systems and that I have to cancel again and re-order on a future date when it's fixed. She says someone will call to advise when (yeah right.....).

My 20 quid's refunded, I've got their router, so its looking like a new provider for me then. I'm sad it came to this as I really wanted sky broadband but I seriously doubt they can connect me in the near future. Anyone working for sky willing to look into my order? PM me.

Frostfree
      sky have taken on more than they can chew for sure do you have to give the router back if not look on the forums how to flash it for your next isp

i wish you luck (sometimes sky pee me off the way they treat people)

Exchange:
      Thanks

It's already flashed and in use with my current provider!

Frostfree