Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

sky connect paying 17 a month

This is a discussion on sky connect paying 17 a month within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; i was only connected on friday so havent paid the first 17 yet thanks for your advice i have a ...

newskyBOd Guest
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:

Re: sky connect paying 17 a month

i was only connected on friday so havent paid the first 17 yet

thanks for your advice i have a cup of tea or vodka if its evening and ring them again

2. Advertisement
      Draig is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sly anymore
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Ah, well in that case wait for the first bill to arrive and check for that credit. If it isn't there then call them.

MrStabby is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by newskyBOd View Post
      is that legal

i mean why should i pay 17 a month when nextoor s paying 5 a month
      What price did you agree to pay when you signed up? 17? Then that's the price you pay unless Sky agree to change the terms of the contract.

newskyBOd Guest
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:

thanks Draig will keep an eye out for it

newskyBOd Guest
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:

Quote Originally Posted by MrStabby View Post
      What price did you agree to pay when you signed up? 17? Then that's the price you pay unless Sky agree to change the terms of the contract.

oh my god im in trouble lol

i paid 40 activation and it was 17 a month on my exchange now when i do the test its 5

sc0tsman is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: livingston
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

did you pay 20 activation fee OR change your tv package at any time within the BB booking process ??

newskyBOd Guest
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:

TV packages has allways been the same for years now but my wife signed upto skytalk and while she did that i signed up to connect broadband 17 a month 40 activation which has now been paid

we pay a lot and have been customers for years

probably means nothing

so maybe the lady on the phone is right she said i will pay 5 a month but not until may or june

indefatigable is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: BB tech Support + Max
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky+HD 2TB
      Thanks

i think this needs to be clarified a little bit.

If at the time, Sky had plans to unbundle your exchange, you would have been offered the 5 connect package. Obviously, at the time you ordered your broadband, there were no plans in place, which means the connect package is 17. If at any point after you signed your contract, Sky changes their mind and put plans in place to unbundle your exchange, you will still have to pay 17, rather than 5.

Its like buying a computer one week for 1000, and then the next week the price drops to 500. You would not get 500 back if you complained, because the situation changed after the deal was complete.

Even though you havent had your first bill yet, you should still be paying 17 a month for your service. However, if you speak to C/S they may make a change, as it was such a short period of time between you signing up and the plans being made. But dont hold your breath.

When your exchange becomes unbundled, you will be able to move to one of the OnNet packages, no problems, so just bear with it for a couple of months and it'll sort itself out.

Draig is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sly anymore
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by newskyBOd View Post
      TV packages has allways been the same for years now but my wife signed upto skytalk and while she did that i signed up to connect broadband 17 a month 40 activation which has now been paid

we pay a lot and have been customers for years

probably means nothing

so maybe the lady on the phone is right she said i will pay 5 a month but not until may or june
      Yeah if that is the case she would be right, sadly. You can ask but don't count on it. Indefatigable put it well with the PC buy analogy. I would wait till first bill then call them if credit not on there and see what they can do.

newskyBOd Guest
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:

Quote Originally Posted by indefatigable View Post
      i think this needs to be clarified a little bit.

If at the time, Sky had plans to unbundle your exchange, you would have been offered the 5 connect package. Obviously, at the time you ordered your broadband, there were no plans in place, which means the connect package is 17. If at any point after you signed your contract, Sky changes their mind and put plans in place to unbundle your exchange, you will still have to pay 17, rather than 5.

Its like buying a computer one week for 1000, and then the next week the price drops to 500. You would not get 500 back if you complained, because the situation changed after the deal was complete.

Even though you havent had your first bill yet, you should still be paying 17 a month for your service. However, if you speak to C/S they may make a change, as it was such a short period of time between you signing up and the plans being made. But dont hold your breath.

When your exchange becomes unbundled, you will be able to move to one of the OnNet packages, no problems, so just bear with it for a couple of months and it'll sort itself out.

i wanted max but to no avail but im pretty impressed so far even if it is 17 for 8mb i was paying 21 for 2mb so im still quids in

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast