Activation Day passes...
This is a discussion on Activation Day passes... within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; ....and am not switched over. Just spoke to SKY, and was put through to Provisioning dept and was told that ...
- 08-09-06, 10:31 AM #1
Activation Day passes...
....and am not switched over.
Just spoke to SKY, and was put through to Provisioning dept and was told that this unfortunately is not unusual as she's had a few other calls of this nature.
She checked my details and there hadn't been a new activation date put on so that was a relief, but said that SKY's end are chasing up BT's end to try and push these delays through.
She took an alternative contact number and said that they'd try and keep me updated with the progress and hoped that it wouldn't take much longer to get the switch made.
Dunno what to say really, she was as helpful as she could have been given what she (apparently) had in front on her on the screen. It sounds like it's a BT fault for the non switch as, as said above, I've not had a new date allocated for the move.
My only worry is that the delay doesn't go beyond the 12th, as I do a lot of work from home and don't really want to start thinking about contingency plans yet.
Anyone else had their activation day come & go and not switched?
17" Intel iMac Mutts Nuts - OS 10.4.8
(also running Windows via Boot Camp)
- 08-09-06, 11:07 AM #2
activation date was the 1st, which passed, and the 7th, which has now passed.
- 08-09-06, 12:34 PM #3
Yep mine has passed too I was due yesterday.
On the bt site yesterday it said my order was in progress and had been updated on the 6th September but now it says "We are unable to determine the status of your order at this time. Please try again later, or contact us for more information." With an update date of 31st August.
Damn you BT!!! I'll have to phone sky when I get home to see if they can shed any light on it but I fear I'm going to end up being cut off from my existing provider on the 12th....
- 08-09-06, 12:52 PM #4
Hi nice to meet you guys who all share my pain.
activation day was 1st also. today is 8th and still nothing despite phoning sky everyday and twice having my case "escalated" by the provisioning department (whatever that means!!) with no effect. BT site still shows nothing with regards to any order to by sky to cancel my old isp or a planned date for my new LLU activation - so it seems as though bt arent even aware about my line needing activation. Oh yeah...and sky are still refusing to give me a new activation date. do you think if i phone and threatenn to cancel my broadband and my sky hd if no connection after weekend then they will do anything?
- 08-09-06, 12:56 PM #5
I know when i activated i had to wait till the day after to be connected and there was a problem with BT, I kept calling and calling until they did something about it and it worked!
- 08-09-06, 02:02 PM #6
Same here I was supposed to be actvated on the 6th september.
Spent all day yesterday trying to find out the reason.
Nobody knew why.
So I've cancelled.
The worrying thing is that they couldn't care less (as long as they get
their router back!)
So all you fortunate ones that made it, good luck, I think that you'll need it!
- 08-09-06, 02:08 PM #7
I was meant to be connected yesterday as well. BT site shows in progress but as I haven't got a router either it's a bit academic.
A month ago £15 per month seemed a lot to save...now I'm not sure it's worth the hassle. Maybe I'll just cancel my multiroom instead which would save about the same with much less grief.
I hate to be a quitter so I'll give it a bit longer.
- 08-09-06, 02:25 PM #8
Just to update again from my earlier post and underline how bad things are now:
phoned sky provisions 08700248930 2 hours ago...there seems to be a problem with BT activating your line..we have tried for a few days to work out if there i a tag or marker on your line but cannot find out..possibly due to confidentiality issues..it may be best for you to to phone BT and ask there tags/marker department to test your line..i am sorry i do not have the nunmber for bt'
Managed to get a bt wholesale number from forums (08001699576). Very pleasant lady asked my number and looked up details..she managed to identify when i started my bt line and when my old (current) isp was started BUT SAID THERE WAS NO SIGN OF EVEN AN ORDER FROM SKY OR ANY CORRESPONDENCE THAT THIS LINE WAS TO BE MIGRATED!!!She said hwer hands were tied as there was not even any instruction that ISP was to be changed.
10 mins ago i phoned back sky provisions and this time spoke to some girl who no use whatsoever. Told her sky told me they were waiting for BT and and now BT told me they were in effect waiting to hear from sky..so how was i supposed to get anywhere!! She told me there was no one else higher up than her i could talk to and after 5 mins of beating around the bush and confirming that i had actually rung up every day for the last 6 days (and twice today) it seemed that sky had sent a request for provisioning my line to BT but it had obviously not reached BT yet..and this after sky had sent me a letter saying bt were to activate me on 1st Septmeber!!
Again like in a prev post..i threatened to cancel and she didnt care less...she gave me the customer services number and told me to type option 6 to cancel. This is the most awful service yet and i am thoroughly disgusted.. Anyone reported them to watchdog? Who is holding out and who is cancelling..i dont know what to do.Please help..I thi9nk i may phone the cancellation number and ask if they are willing to compensate me in any way? is there a complaints number/email?
- 08-09-06, 02:42 PM #9
my activation was due the 4th and today I have found out that BT actually cancelled my order!
- 08-09-06, 03:19 PM #10
Another Dissatisfied customer
I'm another disgruntled punter. Old ISp went off 7th (or so I thought) and tried all of yesterday evening to get Sky up and running with no success. Have waited until this morning and then phoned and phoned and phonedddddddddddd Sky
I was told BT had knocked it back but they unsure why so would need to cancel that order and effectivley start again; (£20 activation fee but they would refund previous £20 !) Some other person said that even this couldn't go ahead because my mac key had been wrong all along therefore would need to get to get new mac key
A further game of pass the parcel ( or might like pass the problem) persued with me so annoyed I threatened to take TV out and everything.
Do they care? lots of "we really don't want you to leave" etc etc and me waiting and waiting ages online ( racking up massive phone bill no doubt).
All they have said they can do, is resubmitt order ( did they really do it in the first case ? - how do you check again?) and it should take an average of 3/4 days to activate - I think there dreaming
and have said if my current ISP charge me for another month they will pay the cost.
Am I likely to be without service and does anyone think I will be charged again? My normal billing date is about the 12th of a month although I have cancelled the DD,
I'll give it about another 5 days and then I give up
G5 2.16Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo