Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Activation Day passes...

This is a discussion on Activation Day passes... within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Thanks Wheelie, that is much clearer now...

hugsie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: CMASHF
      Broadband ISP: Unlimited
      Router: D-Link DSL-2640S
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanks Wheelie, that is much clearer now

2. Advertisement
      Hornet is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Eastbourne, SDESTBR
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Billion Bipac 7800N
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      I have been given yet another acvitaion date of the 14th September but am not holding my breath.

Wheelie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stanmore LWSTAN
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      @hugsie
      NP

@Hornet
      You are not having much luck with all these dates are you Lets hope this one sticks and everything goes ahead

Good Luck.
      Ray

Some Advice.. Its always advisable to inform your old ISP as soon as you have migrated that you have moved.

If you would like to know the straight line distance to your exchange then
      click here
      Would you like an idea of the possible speeds you will get with the Max Package then click here or for the Connect Package then click here

Hornet is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Eastbourne, SDESTBR
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Billion Bipac 7800N
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      I sent a question to Free Online and told them as of last night 120906 I would unplug my router and not use until Sky connect me I get no reply from them and find out today they charge me 19.49 for the month from 13th Sept to 13th October.

murdock is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks
      SUCCESS!

I was castrated by BT Wholesale on August 20 because I was a customer of Euro1Net who are now no more. It took untill today for BT to clear and reactivate my line. Two days after the date Sky gave me. There was nothing Sky could do to get BT to pull their finger out.

Sky sent me the router in two working days. I have not loaded the software and probably will not. As soon as the line was activated the i light flickered into life. I rebooted and surprisingly everything seems to be okay. Given the problems many of you had I was begining to worry. The many useful threads on Skyuser helped me keep my cool.

I can load my favorite sites. Only one, www.smsgeezer.com was slow to load. Its okay now. According to the ADSLguide speed test I get a download of 9667kbps and Upload of 641 Kbps. (I live in North London.) Even though I am on Sky Max I find this hard to believe. It is much faster that Euro1Net, I only hope Sky is as trouble free, reliable and do not **** off BT Wholesale.

Tip: use the supplied "feet" to stand the router vertically. It stays cool that way and is easier to see the lights against the metallic strip.
      Last edited by murdock; 13-09-06 at 07:35 PM.

fly4fun is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by murdock View Post
      SUCCESS!

Sky sent me the router in two working days. I have not loaded the software and probably will not. As soon as the line was activated the i light flickered into life. I rebooted and surprisingly everything seems to be okay. Given the problems many of you had I was begining to worry. The many useful threads on Skyuser helped me keep my cool.
      So you were able to get access without using the software on the CD? I've left all my stuff in the box until the line becomes active. (still waiting...) Don't have the space to have the old and new routers hanging around both taking up space!

murdock is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks
      "So you were able to get access without using the software on the CD?"

YES.
      Not using the software was another tip I picked up on this site - I forget which thread. I followed the booklet to set up the router using a LAN connection. I do not need wireless. Left router on for about 10 days while BT activated the line. It was in the foolish hope that BT might activate early. As soon as it was, 2 days late, I opened my Explorer browser and connected immediately to my home site (google)
      Last edited by murdock; 14-09-06 at 12:13 AM.

whitedot is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      I'm getting bored of waiting now - it's nearly three days late and i'm fully expecting my Tiscali to get switched off tomorrow without my new one being on. BT refer to Sky and Sky just blame BT. Can't say i'm bothered who's fault it is, but it'd be nice to even have a date.

Nutter is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Basingstoke
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Just to add my 2p worth.

My activation date was due 13th spet (yesterday) still not activated as my current BT DSL is still up and running.
      Im not in a huge rush thou, I can see an order epdning agaisnt my line at samknows.co.uk.
      So I guess it will happen when it happens,
      I understand BT are busy, and my life does NOT depend on Broadband.

Nutter
      There are 10 people who understand binary, Those that do and those that dont

Wheelie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stanmore LWSTAN
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Well its good to see things are moving for some of you lets hope the rest of you get sorted soon

@murdock

Yes the CD is not need unless you want to install the security software and a couple of links on the desktop and the help folder on the C: drive

But its a good CD to watch and you can watch it then quit before you have install anything
      Last edited by Wheelie; 14-09-06 at 11:36 AM.
      Ray

Some Advice.. Its always advisable to inform your old ISP as soon as you have migrated that you have moved.

If you would like to know the straight line distance to your exchange then
      click here
      Would you like an idea of the possible speeds you will get with the Max Package then click here or for the Connect Package then click here

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast