Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Connection down!!!!

This is a discussion on Connection down!!!! within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Well minutes after posting in This thread, my connection went down. No sync light. Tried with 2 other routers to ...

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

Connection down!!!!

Well minutes after posting in This thread, my connection went down. No sync light. Tried with 2 other routers to check it was not a router fault and still no light. Phoned this morning got passed to the Philippines, explained the problem and was still taken through the routine. Tried to explain that I was not using a filter as I had an ADSL Nation plate with one built in. The very polite gent had never heard of such a device and insisted that I use the filter supplied by Sky. I explained that to do that would mean unscrewing the plate and putting the old one back on which would break the phone connection, but he was adamant that this must be done and after I had done it, if it still did not work, I was to phone back. I knew dammed well that it would make no difference, but I did it anyway. Phoning back, this time I got a very polite lady, who went through it all again, then gave me a ticket number for 'higher' support, saying I would be contacted in about 24 hours. Anybody think this will actually happen?

I am using dial up at the moment, through my old BB ISP, Plusnet, who have been well criticised by some on this forum, but at least if you had a problem with them, you could speak to someone who understood you and had some technical knowledge. I stand by my statement in the other thread, Sky is great, as long as you don't need technical support.

I am now going to leave a message on the web form to see if that will help. I know this is probably a BT problem, but knowing the relationship between them and Sky, I am not too hopeful.

2. Advertisement
      MrStabby is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Connection down!!!!

Did Tier 1 do a tone test, did you hear any beeping?

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

Re: Connection down!!!!

No, I did not hear any beeping. However my connection came back on a few minutes ago Just a bit over the 24 hours, but thank goodness it is back. It is easy to forget just how slow dial-up is until you have to use it again. I still think the problem was with BT and not Sky.