Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Broadband problems

This is a discussion on Broadband problems within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Please help. I have just changed fron NTL to Sky so that I would have the full Sky package(TV, telephone ...

swiftflo is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Unhappy Broadband problems

Please help.
      I have just changed fron NTL to Sky so that I would have the full Sky package(TV, telephone & broadband) which seemed at the time to make sense. What a shock I have had. I used NTL since 2001 with very little problems, since using Sky for the past few day's nothing but a problem.
      I have tried to add further email addresses, but after entering all the details I then get a message that there are problems and ring a telephone number.
      With NTL I left the modem on all the time, I have been leaving the Sky router on but when I come to use the pc again the router has shut itself off. So far not very impressed with Sky Broadband, can anyone convince me otherwise.

2. Advertisement
      Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Broadband problems

Obviously no one else is very impressed with Sky BB either.

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

I dont think it is a case of no one being impressed with Sky, rather that there are other places on the forum to complain.

With regards your router do you mean it powers itself off or looses the internet connection. If it is the first then I would suspect a faulty PSU, there has been a lot of critisism about their quality. If it is the second there are many tutorials on the forum which can help you in this. There is also a section of the forum dedicated to setting up email,that may be the best place to look for advice on this.

Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Thanks for the reply. Yes I have seen the tutorials on the forums regarding setting up emails. These have been followed to the letter, but still cannot receive emails.
      The router has been powering itself down, but today it has stayed on all day.