Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Tiscali Marker

This is a discussion on Tiscali Marker within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Yeah, I knew I was just getting dcked around with "the priority call back" - was giving Sky one last ...

Grizzly is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: ESFAL
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Tiscali Marker

Yeah, I knew I was just getting dcked around with "the priority call back" - was giving Sky one last chance to put me in the picture.

I've sent all the details of the pss poor customer service & the details of the problem to Ofcom (well, Otelo really) today and cc'd Sky into my email, so we'll see what happens from there.

Been Mr Nice Guy is this all along and never cracked up once at any customer service people by the way. Had enough now tho...

Cheers again!
      - Stu

2. Advertisement
      IWasNotTheEnemy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LWWIL
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Now TV
      Thanks

tbh, would be quicker to just do a cease and reprovide through SRT....

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Thanks mate - What's SRT?

Would much rather have not gone through Ofcom / Otelo, but I was left with little choice after 3 months of getting nowhere speaking to people who barely do broken english & my emails ignored. Do you not think it's shocking to have a ticket outstanding since 8th March, with no correspondance with the customer whatsoever?

When I cc'd Sky into the email I sent to Otelo this afternoon, an automated response came back as norm asking me to complete the online form. So I pasted the contents (edited to fit!) into the form - maybe I'll get some form of action out of the Broadband Tech Support now they know it's gone to the Ombudsman (somehow doubt it, at the risk of sounding cynical).

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Ps - For info, I just checked my line on BT's Wholesale Availabilty Checker and here's what I got (dont know if it's relevant to my problem):

At the bottom of the results page, I get:

Note: Our Records indicate that you have a product or service supplied to this line that is currently incompatible with broadband. You will need to have the product or service ceased before broadband could be provided. If you are unclear about which product is causing this message to be returned we recommend If you place an order before the incompatible product or service has been ceased then the order will be rejected.

I've spoken to BT in the last month or so, and they confirmed to me (after my initial worry about Tiscali still having a prescence on my line - see the 1st post above!) the only BB service I have on the line is for Sky!

Thanks

hmmmm, thats interesting. you dont have an alarm system running on your line do you? that can sometimes bring up that sort of issue

TSx
      TSx is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Yep, incompatible products are non-broadband products utilising your line including alarm systems and things like home highway.

SRT is 'service recovery team' who can do a cease and reprovide (completely cancel the line and put a new order through) for you.

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Weird - I spoke to BT a while back and I'm pretty sure they said there was nothing on my line service wise other than Sky!

If any of you guys work for Tier 3 or similar, I can PM you my ticket number for more details if you want to see what the Sky diagnosis of the problem was. (It was a girl called Nicola at Tier 3 who raised the ticket in March by the way).

Wouldn't expect you to do anything of course! But at least you'd be able to have a look/see at my problem in detail for yourself...
      Last edited by Grizzly; 31-05-07 at 04:45 PM.

belalmiah is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Wanstead
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: X3 Sky+HD Box
      Thanks

[QUOTE=IAmNotTheEnemy;68867]
      Quote Originally Posted by belalmiah View Post
      Hi,
      T3 are rubbish most of the time and say crap to get you off the phone. Only the helpful agent can sort this out hopefully.
      QUOTE]

which part of tier 3 are rubbish? if u mean speed and config there's nothing we can to sort out a marker other than get provisioning to remove it - hence us being speed and config!!
      Just talking from my own experiance with sky T3.

Thanks

had 2 of these 'incompatible products' things today come through.....from what i can gather it can be being on the BT light user scheme, DACS, caller ID...pretty much anything you pay for up and above your line rental - i've no idea what it all means though but until it's sorted out we can't supply BB

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12