Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

No Router = No Broadband :(

This is a discussion on No Router = No Broadband :( within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; I ordered sky broadband on 22nd March and migrated away from another provider. I received the letter to say I'd ...

amscss is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Waverley
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

No Router = No Broadband :(

I ordered sky broadband on 22nd March and migrated away from another provider. I received the letter to say I'd be connected on 3rd April and thought great - that's reasonably quick.

Only problem is the router which I have never received and have had endless time on the phone to customer service trying to get one and still I haven't received one yet!

My BB service was migrated on 3rd april as promised but no router=no broadband for over 3 weeks now and I'm starting to lose my temper with them on the phone now.

I phoned on 2nd April to say I hadn't received it.
      They said it could be a few more days, but it was sent out on 22nd March.
      Phoned on 5th April and they again said it might take a few more days. Phoned on 12th April and they said it might not arrive as it was sent on 22nd March which was in between when they were changing courier company. I asked for them to order a new one to be sent out immediately and they said OK.
      Phoned again on 19th April and they said one has been requested on 12th April but still not been processed - grrrrrrrrrr. They said they'd chase it up.
      Phoned on 25th and they now said it had been delivered that morning - yippee! But when I got home there was no sign of it again, but thought I'd leave it for another day.
      Got an email back from sky on 25th saying thatnks for your e-mail - we understand the problem is resolved and are glad you're enjoying your sky broadband service - well I'm not as I can't use it!
      Phoned again today planning to cancel and they said the person the other day had made a mistake and it was sent out on 25th, not delivered on 25th and should be with me in 5 working days - they couldn't give me a consignment number though which has left me suspicious.

Anyway, that is my horror story of sky broadband. Should I just cancel my BB and TV service and try and get some service elsewhere? Also, would they be likely to offer me any compensation in the form of reduced subs for a period - I've probably spent between 20 and 30 phoning their customer service line which is very annoying.

2. Advertisement
      Rock_fan35 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Felling
      Broadband ISP: Sky BB Limbo
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: No Router = No Broadband :(

I'd be tempted to stick with it, you're nearly there and hopefully won't need to contact them again once online.

Trying to cancel could be just as problematic as getting connected was. Posts on this and other forums suggest they are less than helpful when you try to cancel.

They'll probably hound you for the return of the router you haven't got!

Keep pushing for that consignment number - definitely the way to go. Ring them every day.

Good luck,

steve

amscss is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Waverley
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: No Router = No Broadband :(

The saga continues.

8 weeks since I ordered sky BB and I've still never received my router despite the line activation early april.

I've now started the cancellation process which seems to be as big a hassle as I had trying to get a router. I've now made 3 calls to cancel and confirm my cancellation, backed it up by recorded delivery letter and 2 e-mails as well and still nothing seems to be happening.

I got a call last night from a sky CS advisor who was checking I wanted to cancel and then she had the cheek to put me on hold so she could transfer me to another department - after 6 mins on hold I got transferred and then they immediately hung up!!!!!!!!Arghhhhhhh!

I expect the next step is probably to threaten legal action to make something happen as I can't get broadband from anyone else until they get their service off my phone line. And the final insult was that they billed me this month for my broadband usage so far and for the next month - despite the fact I've never been able to use it.