Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Sky killing my phone line

This is a discussion on Sky killing my phone line within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; When i got activated last thursday my phone line went dead. Funny thing was my internet worked (at approx 1.5 ...

devilfysh is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Unhappy Sky killing my phone line

When i got activated last thursday my phone line went dead. Funny thing was my internet worked (at approx 1.5 mbs when i should be getting 6.5 to 8mbs). I got through to sky tier 3 who couldn't or wouldn't help me so i decided to ring BT. They sent an engineer to my house who replaced my old brown junction box with a nice new NTE5 master socket. The engineer said he found a fault and went to fix it. My phone line was working at last. After he left I plugged my router in but only synced at 1350kbs and straight away my phone was dead. Now i'm back to square one. I have even tried the phone on its own in the test socket, I cannot make or receive calls. I rang SKY told them what happened and they refuse to help me as the internet is working (tier 3 will not even talk to me about it). Now I have arranged another BT engineer visit for Saturday morning. Both are blaming each other and I am pulling my hair out trying to get this sorted. I have found SKY support absolutely appalling and been on hold for hours on my mobile. BT have been superb really with the engineer coming initially in less than 24 hrs.
      Can anybody suggest what to do?

2. Advertisement
      sambo1406 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Wokingham
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Sky killing my phone line

My phone line went dead (but broadband was OK) on the day Sky switched me to broadband. I raised a fault on the online fault tracker on the BT website. It took three days but they sorted it out (problem at the excahnge).

So try logging onto the bt website and registering a fault. (they perform a line test through the site to see if you have an issue).

devilfysh is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Sky killing my phone line

the line test reports that the line is OK,
      hopefully it will get sorted with the next BT engineer visit on Saturday