Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 63k members.

Connect to Max....

This is a discussion on Connect to Max.... within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Firstly, sorry for long post! Just thought I'd let everyone know... got this email from Sky not long ago, had ...

GSK69 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Earlsdon, Coventry
      Broadband ISP:
      Sky TV:

Connect to Max....

Firstly, sorry for long post!

Just thought I'd let everyone know... got this email from Sky not long ago, had an ongoing complaint as I've been waiting more than 7 months (since my exchange was easynet enabled)

Looks like they are doing a few exchanges at a time but my exchange (Earsldon, Coventry) wasn't due to be changed over for a while.

Stamped my feet a bit and hopefully they are going to do a single migration... we shall see...

Copy of email for those that want to read:

Dear Mr Kitson

Customer Account Number: **********

Thanks for getting back to me.

Please allow me to explain that we've just started the process of migrating customers from our ADSL Connect package to Base, Mid or Max. As you can appreciate this bulk migration is being done a few exchanges at a time to minimise any issues.

Although we're not due to do a bulk migration at your exchange at the moment, I've asked that we carry out a single migration onto the Max package. Hopefully, there shouldn't be a problem with this, however if there is a problem with the single migration I'll let you know. Otherwise you will receive a letter with the date that the Max package will be up and running.

In the meantime, if I can be of any assistance please feel free to get back to me on the above email address.

Kind regards

Customer Relations
      Sent: 19 April 2007 20:09
      To: Broadband Customer Service
      Subject: Sky Broadband

Customer Account Number: ************

To Whom it may concern,

I am very dissapointed that yet another two and a half months have passed and no sign of an upgrade of my broadband service to Sky's network. I beleive I have been very patient and stuck with Sky beleiving I would be upgraded from Connect to Max as soon as possible.

As per my original complaint below, I have now been with Sky broadband since Septemeber 2006, my exchange was Sky enabled the same month - that is now 7 months ago, I feel this is very poor customer service, as when I joined Sky I was informed I would be upgraded to Sky's network as soon as Sky's equipment was installed at my exchange.

If you would care to read my original complaint below, you will see that Sky's equipment was indeed installed the day after I was connected.

I feel I have been let down by Sky broadband, unless I get the upgrade to yor 'Max' product - up to 16 meg, I will be considering leaving Sky broadband and looking at alternative broadband providers.

I look forward to your response.

Yours Sincerely,

Gavin Kitson.
      ----- Original Message -----
      To: 'Gavin'
      Sent: Friday, February 02, 2007 4:41 PM
      Subject: Sky Broadband

Ref: *******

Dear Mr Kitson
      Customer Account Number: **********

Thanks for your email below addressed to James Murdoch, which has been passed for my attention.

First of all, I'd like to apologise for the problems you've experienced since signing up with Sky Broadband, and I'm sorry that you feel let down by us. Please allow me this opportunity to respond.

At the moment, even though a customer's exchange has been updated with our network, if a customer is on our Connect package we're not in a position to transfer them onto our network. We are working on doing this and this will be done in bulk at some point in the future. When we have changed you over we'll contact you in writing and let you know this has been done. You'll be automatically changed over to the Mid package and you'll have a month to let us know if you would prefer a different package.

Please allow me to explain that the process of migrating customers from our ADSL service, ie Connect, to our unbundled packages is more complicated than providing a new broadband order. I understand your frustration that your exchange was unbundled so soon after you joined us on Connect however, we're not in a position to put you onto Base, Mid or Max. I'm sorry that this was not explained to you and although agents attempted to change your broadband package, ultimately they were not successful and you've remained on Connect.

Nevertheless, we've recently launched a promotion whereby customers who are on Connect but their exchange has either already been unbundled or will be unbundled before 1 July 2007 can receive the Connect package at 5 a month. So, I've put you onto this promotion and from now on you will receive Connect at 5 instead of 17 a month. Once the process is in place to migrate you onto our packages, well send you a letter.

We want all our customers to receive the best service possible and I'm sorry that we've let you down in this instance. In view of the time and trouble you've taken, I've applied a viewing credit of 20 to your Sky account with my compliments.

Finally Mr Kitson, I'd like to thank you for your patience and kind understanding. If you've any further concerns, please feel free to contact me on the above email address.

Kind regards

Sheila Heeps
      Customer Relations
      Last edited by GSK69; 24-04-07 at 01:39 PM.

2. Advertisement