Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Copy of go live letter

This is a discussion on Copy of go live letter within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Can anyone tell me the correct contact number/e-mail address to get a copy of my go live letter sent to ...

maffyooz is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Worthing West, SDWWST
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Copy of go live letter

Can anyone tell me the correct contact number/e-mail address to get a copy of my go live letter sent to me? Sky should've cancelled the contract with my old ISP and didnt, i am now having to sort it out myself. Unfortunately i cant find the original and unless i submit a copy of the go live letter im liable to pay for a service that i havent used for 4 months!!!!!

2. Advertisement
      Alan b is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: 2 x Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: Copy of go live letter

The phone number for Sky Customer Services is 0870 609 1357. The old free phone number no longer works apparently.

Who is your old ISP because I find it strange that they want to see a copy of this letter. When I had to contact BT they asked me what date I migrated and that was that. I even told them the mac code that I used. They didn't ask for a copy of this letter.

Russ is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Livingston Bridge (ESLVB)
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: ER115
      Sky TV: SkyQ
      Thanks

Basically i was informed it should be BT who tell your old isp your no longer one of their customers as it's BT who put your order through/connect you etc.....Mine went perfectly although i know there are others who's didnt.

maffyooz is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Worthing West, SDWWST
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

My old ISP was Tiscali. They gave me my MAC quite happily and all went very smoothly after that. My old router suddenly stopped working one day and that very same day the Sky router arrived and worked first time. Now Tiscali are winging that I havent paid for their broadband (did cancel the DD straight away).

Thanks for the number Alan b, ive tried all numbers/departments and so far I should have received at least 6 copies of this letter so far, but nothing.

Nick_C is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: NSELL
      Broadband ISP: 5 Connect
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I migrated from Tiscali and I seem to remember that they are a month in arrears unlike Sky who want everything up front.
      Sods law says that they will enable your line before they send out your router.......

dcclanuk is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Virgin Media 2mb
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nick_C View Post
      I migrated from Tiscali and I seem to remember that they are a month in arrears unlike Sky who want everything up front.
      Tiscali take money for the broadband 1 month ahead, but if u have their phone, the calls obviously come after the month u have used it.

Quote Originally Posted by maffyooz View Post
      My old ISP was Tiscali. They gave me my MAC quite happily and all went very smoothly after that. My old router suddenly stopped working one day and that very same day the Sky router arrived and worked first time. Now Tiscali are winging that I havent paid for their broadband (did cancel the DD straight away).

Thanks for the number Alan b, ive tried all numbers/departments and so far I should have received at least 6 copies of this letter so far, but nothing.
      I had the same problem with tiscali when I migrated to f2s. After a lot of hassle and problems, I sent them a nice letter [recorded delivery]. I then received an "apology" letter if i remember correctly.

The best thing tiscali ever did for me was issue me a MAC! I got it almost immediately!!!
      Asked y i was leaving. Ur service Sux! MAC recd

I am on cable now, but mite be considering a move to sky depending on a few things! [firstly i aint the bill payer]

Hex
      Hex is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: HASLINGTON
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

02392 899292 works for sky, just ask them to put you though to cs

sambo1406 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Wokingham
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Had the same issue with Tiscali. Used the MAC code and Tiscali state they will cancel the account for you. Not used their service since migration on the 30/03/07 and I have just been sent a bill.

i have cancelled the direct debit, and phoned Tiscali up to get it sorted. They stated that I need to send them the migration letter. It is outrageous that I have to do all the running about.