Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Problems,Problems and more Problems - Any help Appretiated!

This is a discussion on Problems,Problems and more Problems - Any help Appretiated! within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Originally Posted by Oneiros Having seen your stats I can confirm that there is a config issue. Basically it looks ...

dholdi is offline Sky User Beta tester
      Exchange: LCRIB
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: Problems,Problems and more Problems - Any help Appretiated!

Quote Originally Posted by Oneiros View Post
      Having seen your stats I can confirm that there is a config issue. Basically it looks like you have been connected to a port that was previously setup for another part of Easynets business and so you do need to get it reconfigured.

Wiring may of course still be an issue but even if you had any wiring issues resolved you would still need to get your configuration changed, which means you need to speak to Tier 3.

that wouldn't be the fastpath would it ?

2. Advertisement
      PeteC is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Sheffield
      Broadband ISP: cable
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

you don't have to signup to sky.com to get e-mail just use the details sent in the post with pop and smtp.sky.com

ive got e-mail and never signed up at the portal

Kaoscontrol is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

how would i get in touch with Tier 3?

because as far as i'm aware you have to be reffered and its them that get in touch with you.....not the other way round!

Well anyways! Yes i can strictly confirm we do NOT have a master BT socket!

We have a Joint box towards the front door which then leads to a socket at the opposite end of the house that we use. this is where router/telephone are plugged in

the wiring could indeed be the problem but it would cost a small fortune to refit.

Now after speaking to Sky (egg sucking mainly) i was told to reset the router...which i did.....and EVERYTHING sped up....

but within the last 5 minutes everything seems to have gone back to its previouse slow pace.

Oneiros is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: ESFAL
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dholdi View Post
      that wouldn't be the fastpath would it ?
      That's the one, it's a dead giveaway, but there are other variables which are not compatible with Sky's service that go with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaoscontrol View Post
      how would i get in touch with Tier 3?
      You have to phone in and basically convince Tier 1 that you need to speak to someone about your config, you could try telling that you need your line capped, have no idea if that would work but it's got to be worth a try.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaoscontrol View Post
      Well anyways! Yes i can strictly confirm we do NOT have a master BT socket!

We have a Joint box towards the front door which then leads to a socket at the opposite end of the house that we use. this is where router/telephone are plugged in
      Yeah, having a junction box instead of a master socket can cause issues (sometimes really bad issues if it's a fused junction box) but you can get away with it sometimes, so unless you do wish to pay BT silly amounts to get a master socket put in then your best bet is to get the line capped.

Koala5 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Dunstable
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Have you had the front off the socket? the very old ones dont look like a NTE5 master socket they just look like a standard extension socket you can only tell by taking the front off and looking to see if there are any components soldered to the board inside, if there are then it is a master. If you deffo haven't got a master then just hope there are never any lightening strikes within 100 - 150 metres of your house, otherwise you could sustain serious damage to electrionic equipment in your house. Master sockets have surge arrester to limit any spike coming down the phone line. This happened to me during a storm there was a loud crack from the master socket like a fuse blowing at the same instant as a flash of lightening, no damage was caused but it certainly made me jump! lol of course if the strike was too close to the house you wouldn't have a cat in hells chance of stopping damage.

Kaoscontrol is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

oh yes i've had a very nice problem with lightning before....no loud crack but a very nice power surge that killed our previouse netgear router for a good hour or so...the thing just wouldnt turn on or reset or anything.

as for the joint box there is no fuse. (just checked) and the phone socket isnt a master as there is nothing extra soldered anywhere.

Today after resetting the router again last night....everything seems to be speeding away.

if the worst comes to it i shall get my line capped to 10 meg.

who would i need to ring for this to happen? Tier 1 or Sky?.

And i can quite easily get a master socket fitted for free we are not with BT so problems would arise there....but my father is a qualified elecy and also does plenty of data wiring etc for the company he works for =]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12