Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Sky Tech Won't Answer This

This is a discussion on Sky Tech Won't Answer This within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hi to All in the Forum The question I keep asking technical support and can get no answer to is ...

jimlad60 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Sky Tech Won't Answer This

Hi to All in the Forum

The question I keep asking technical support and can get no answer to is this :-
      Why can my BB Max speed which ran at 6700 kbps after the initial 3 week setup period and ran at 6700 kbps for 6 weeks and now runs at 3520 kbps?.

Since coming to Sky in Nov my BB speeds according to the Statistics on my Netgear Router were 6700 kbp. In Feb I noticed slow page loading and found my speeds were now 3520 kbps I have been trying to get to the bottom of this since Feb. Tier 3 have done various tests and say 3520 kbp is my max speed but NO one as yet as given me a reason WHY? the speeds dropped from 6700 to 3520. I have installed and run since Feb Dan Elwell's BB Speed Tester and this does 38 different tests Nearly all my Ping Time (there are 28 ping tests to different countries and servers) are reported as poorer than expected or much poorer and should be investigated.
      I have asked Tier 1 to raise another ticket so I can talk to Tier 3 but it has been 7 days now and I have received no call from Tier 3, So if anyone has any suggestions what to do next I would be grateful for that advice

best regards
      Jimlad60

2. Advertisement
      H0OPERS is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Sky Tech Won't Answer This

7 days, theres people waiting 21 days on a callback.