Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

8mb>288kps

This is a discussion on 8mb>288kps within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; who i am? your speaking double dutch to me, so where exactly is the fault, what exactly do I say? ...

Skeletore is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Portsmouth
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: 8mb>288kps

who i am? your speaking double dutch to me, so where exactly is the fault, what exactly do I say? sorry, thanks so much for helping tho

2. Advertisement
      lidad66 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

i changed simply on cost basis i was on blueyonder or virgin as it is 4 meg 25 quid a month and their phone service 25 quid so 50 a month.. sky im gonna pay a tenner plus 11 quid line rental .. so a big saving
      600 quid before 252 now 348 quid saving a year .. not connected yet though so here is hoping.. have to have connect service as im told cant have max till may evan thought he exchange is enabled maybe no room at the inn..

Buff is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Tier 2 actually phoned me back today and said
      Quote Originally Posted by help@hand
      You are not on a DSLMAX profile you are on a rateadaptive 250 profile this can be change by technical support
      just the same as he did,they promised me it'll be upto full speed by friday
      I'll let you know how i got on.

help@hand is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

It will be interesting to see if its done by then, keep us informed, I'm thinking of getting sky broadband, and Im wondering if they actually get things done on time

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

I'm thinking of getting sky broadband,
      I would not delay too long if I were you! The uptake of the LLU service is very quick. If you are not on the list when your exchange is enabled, you will probably only be offered Connect at 17, unless you are very very lucky.

The uptake for Sky Broadband has been phenomenal, remember, it was launched just over 9 months ago and is still having teething problems so don't expect a trouble free set up. If you are interested, start the process now and if you have a cable connection, hang on to it until your connection is established.

TheDude17 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Southbourne
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Guess what as a previous Virgin Media, who decided he'd had enough of an intermittant broadband/telephone connection and wanted sky one back. I also recently decided to make the big switch over to the full Sky package of TV, telephone and broadband. TV and phone work fine, but when my line was activated found out the only broadband service available was Connect at 17 per month and I'm only also getting the same max download and upload speeds of 288kps, so I'm very cheesed off. I feels like I've gone back 3 years to when this type of speed was considered acceptable.

These are the router stats I've been getting, which seem pretty favourable apart from the actual connection speeds.

ADSL Link Downstream Upstream
      Connection Speed 288 kbps 288 kbps
      Line Attenuation 19.0 db 13.0 db
      Noise Margin 30.3 db 31.0 db

The various broadband checks I've made show that my line should be capable of up to 8Mbps.

I've phoned the Sky broadband helpdesk, who have taken me through the normal diagnostics and all their suggestions have so far made no difference at all.

I'm very interested to see the outcome of this thread as maybe I've been capped as well???

lidad66 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

yes keep us informed im not looking forward to connect at all ..are many people expeiencing such slow speeds with it i know we have an 8 meg line from our exchange but would be a bit peeved with 288 as im on 4 at the mo..
      have my cable line till 16th may .was told sky would take up to 15 days from the 18th april.. i think the ammount of people switching will be a lot because of cost alone as i said earler i am making a big saving compared to virgin..

Buff is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Well he kept to his word,i turned the pc on this morning and got 4480 down and 448 up,its still not the 8 meg i was told i could have but i'm happy with that if it stays like it.

TheDude17 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Southbourne
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Good for you mate!

Its not the perfect speed for your line, but its certainly a lot better than what you had before.

After 2 days, I'm still waiting for Tier 2 to phone me back and hopefully they will have found the same problem as yourself.

Just out of interest did they offer to credit your account for the time period where you had this issue?

PeteC is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Sheffield
      Broadband ISP: cable
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

wel lit is upto 8mb - only time ive ever had 8/16 or 23mb constant was on LLU

i cant comment on the NTL TV situation as my telewest was fine - yes sky is better we are getting channels now ( such as babytv) included with TW we had the supreme package and had to pay for other channels ( my babies love babytv hence why i am chuffed)

However im sticking with cable - especially in view of the fact the 20MB upgrade is here soon - and the 50MB will be here in Septermber and it'll be interesting to see what other companys on LLU do to compete.

I can't find the tool to get my UN/PW from the router - are you saying i put that into skybroadband.com and that should work?
      Last edited by PeteC; 27-04-07 at 10:19 AM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast