Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Hi and a quick question

This is a discussion on Hi and a quick question within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hi !! Just recently joined this forum after changing to sky last week i am on the mid pack. I ...

gunny bedford is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Ashford (kent)
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Hi and a quick question

Hi !!

Just recently joined this forum after changing to sky last week i am on the mid pack. I have one question !! LLU !! i understand what it basically means, however does it give any improvement ?? I am new to ADSL connections as before my broadband was with NTL via their cable network and my tv set top box. I live in ashford kent, and as i understand as yet the exchange has not been unbundled, when it is will i see an improvement ? at present my connection is not as good as the old NTL one, i live 2.7 kms from the exchange and am normally lucky if i get around 2.5mb out of it sometimes a lot slower, my router readings are
      Connection speed 3552 down 448 up
      Line attenuation 60db down 31.5 up
      Noise margin 6db down 16db up
      So obviously i am hoping that when and if the ashford exchange is unbundled i should see an improvement true or false ??

regards

Neil

2. Advertisement
      sirrus is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Bicester
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Hi and a quick question

Hi

Think you must be on Connect (not Mid which is the LLU product). I switched from Connect to Max and did see my speed jump from 4000kbs to 5100 kbs with a 6200kbs (from 5200kbs synch), attenuation is 51db about 3.8km from the exchange. Note that that as I expected they did not put me on ADSL2+ because my line quality is not good enough because of teh exchange distance.

Richard

gunny bedford is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Ashford (kent)
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Now i am confused !

i thought connect was the "dial up service" ? i ordered the mid package when changing to sky, and only pay 5 a month or so i think havent got the first bill yet. as i understand the connect is more ?

NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Hi Gunny

Judging by your stats, it looks like Connect to me as well.

I live in ashford kent, and as i understand as yet the exchange has not been unbundled, when it is will i see an improvement ?
      If the Exchange has not been unbundled then it is impossible to be on Base, Mid or Max.

The Broadband Resource

Basically Sky let you pay 5.00 as the exchange is scheduled to be unbundled by the end of June 07. Then, theoretically they will move you to your chosen package.

~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Follow us on Twitter @skyuser

PeteC is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Sheffield
      Broadband ISP: cable
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

as Newsreader says.

Connect is 17 a month reduced to 5 for people who cannot get LLU yet - it's upto 8MB in speed and has 40GB a month usage limit

It's way WAY cheaper that dialup and much MUCh faster - and yes the mid package is the same for people on LLU - the only real perk is on LLU you may well get 8MB constant - then again you may not

for me connect is the best option - mine is a backup to my Cable connection