Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

BT light user scheme

This is a discussion on BT light user scheme within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Because you are on the 'light user scheme' BT have placed a 'marker' on your line., so you need this ...

Russ is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Livingston Bridge (ESLVB)
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: ER115
      Sky TV: SkyQ
      Thanks

Re: BT light user scheme

Because you are on the 'light user scheme' BT have placed a 'marker' on your line., so you need this 'marker' removed before getting Sky.
      A mate in work who is on the 'light user scheme' has just gone through 8 months of hell trying to get BT broadband and was told 'someone' has a marker on your line but we don't know who !!!
      At his last telephone query he managed to speak to someone who knew what they were doing and they checked his details.....only to be told, the marker is BT's as he is on the light user scheme!

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

It appears that BT do not allow any kind of broadband on a LUS line. There are exceptions, which have slipped through the net and do have it, but this is not the norm. The light user scheme is for people who hardly ever use the phone and if you have broadband, your line is possibly in permanent use, so does not qualify. BT will not even allow their own broadband on a LUS line, so it is not really a conspiracy against Sky, or any other provider.

hectorshouse is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: langley mill
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Im sure there r exceptions to ppl using broadband with LUS and i was 1 of them.I have been recieving broadband for over 4 years from PlusNet and there was never a problem with my LSU. (In fact PlusNet is now owned by BT).and if i had remained with PLusNet my LSU wud still not have been a problem.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12