Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

STILL can't send emails

This is a discussion on STILL can't send emails within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; OK, a week has passed and STILL can't sent my emails... Here is the message I get: An unknown error ...

pa28fan is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

STILL can't send emails

OK, a week has passed and STILL can't sent my emails...
      Here is the message I get:
      An unknown error has occurred. Account: 'pop.sky.com', Server: 'smtp.sky.com', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '421 Fork failed', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 421, Error Number: 0x800CCC67
      I also have my old Orange account set up and can't send throught that either....
      WTF is going on?
      I get the holy run around from Sky customer services
      HELP please!

2. Advertisement
      fihart is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0207
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: STILL can't send emails

Just walk away from Sky's e-mail. If you tie your e-mail address to your Internet Provider what happens when a better offer comes along and you want to switch provider ?

Much better to look at Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail and the rest.

And I do not recommend friends to use Outlook (or Outlook Express) it's complicated, it exposes you to viruses and unless you have shedloads of mail, you don't need it.

Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I just wondered if mine was an isolated problem, or were there others who can't send email???
      It's a bit strange that both my email addresses have suddenly developed this problem, last week fine, today-zilch. I even re-formatted my pc yesterday and reinstalled everything but thats not cured it.
      Thanks all anyway, I'll keep my eye on the situation and think about ditching Sky BB if it goes on much longer

Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: STILL can't send emails: UPDATE!!!

All of a sudden (ie 10 minutes ago), I can now receive mail into my new Sky email address, I can also receive mail into my old Orange address. Super. I still cant SEND mail using the Orange address however. This leads me to believe that Orange have finally terminated my old contract with them?

They did say that I can keep my old address, so that explains why I still get mail there. At least I can check my Orange inbox and not have to tell people to change their address book, I'll just have to send via SKy.
      Phew!

Thanks for all who took an interest, normal service has now hopefully been restored!
      pa28fan

Alan b is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: 2 x Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fihart View Post
      Just walk away from Sky's e-mail. If you tie your e-mail address to your Internet Provider what happens when a better offer comes along and you want to switch provider ?
      Well in BTs case you get to keep your email address as a "pay as you go" customer.