Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

How long for welcome pack to arrive?

This is a discussion on How long for welcome pack to arrive? within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Originally Posted by newskyBOd 2 months thats a long time what are sky saying when you tell them 2 months ...

bevdawn69 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Beeston
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: How long for welcome pack to arrive?

Quote Originally Posted by newskyBOd View Post
      2 months thats a long time what are sky saying when you tell them 2 months you have been waiting
      They said that a tie pair circuit needed replacing on my exchange and BT were taking their time about fixing it. My activation date was yesterday (1st May) but I have had no welcome pack or router as of yet so I don't know if I'm active. BT have said I have a tag on my line now so sky have obviously put that there, also I had a phone call last Thursday and was told about my activation date and would be receiving my letter soon. Still nothing. Very fed up now, been without BB for over 3 months, ordered sky BB base at the beginning of March.

2. Advertisement
      stonehedge is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Deptford
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

The situation is ever so slightly aggravated by the fact Parcelforce decided to stop leaving failed delivery cards at my address about two years ago. I never got to the bottom of it...

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by newskyBOd View Post
      2 months thats a long time what are sky saying when you tell them 2 months you have been waiting
      I reckon I must have spent about 15 on phone calls to sky customer services. I wonder if I can claim that back. Has anyone else been waiting as long as I have? Maybe sky CS don't like people from the midlands or something

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bevdawn69 View Post
      I reckon I must have spent about 15 on phone calls to sky customer services. I wonder if I can claim that back. Has anyone else been waiting as long as I have? Maybe sky CS don't like people from the midlands or something
      Called customer services yet again yesterday, they said I am now active, checked my address details and said that my router should be with me in no more than 5 days. We'll see, not gonna hold my breath, they'll probably use the bank holiday as the next excuse. Then again I may be pleasantly surprised (faint glimmer of hope I'll receive my router before the next ice age)
      Last edited by bevdawn69; 03-05-07 at 11:46 AM.

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Keep on their backs! Call them in two days for a tracking number...

t.fieldsend is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Welcome Pack - whaty wecome pack? My Router came last week no disk - no instruction. My line went live yesterday. I knew that when I lost my Tiscali connection (Hooray!). It was only through reading on this site that I knew the sky router was 'plug & play'. The Sky website requires you to be a little clarvoyant in finding your way around - maybe that would have been in a welcome pack. However, I'm not complaining - process was fast and trouble free. I'm on 2MB base, but it's stable & better than paying for 8MB and getting 3.5 that drops out all day long.

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I just gave Sky my usual two day chaser call. Once again, my order still has a problem and once again I have been promised that the box will be sent out today and with me within the next ten days.

jertzy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

i had problems too, first time my order was cancelled, reasons unknown! (but they don't ring and tell you). 2nd time I got activated and it took 4 calls from me before they would send the router out, lots of "it'll be there by the end of the week" and it never turned up. I actually got online a week after activation. Then 2 days later another router arrived!

I complained about the lack of customer service & got a 20 credit on my bill....

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Well, I have made some progress today. I have a Parcelforce tracking number! Looks like the welcome pack will be with me tomorrow.

From what I can tell, the order process is usually smooth unless you have a problem with broadband flags on your line or something similar. The vast majority seem to have a painless experience, it just seems they need to imporve their processes to deal with problems when things dont go smoothly!

I will definitely be writing a letter of complaint to them. I ordinarily would be happy just to have broadband but I think I have spent about 8 calling their 0870 number...

newskyBOd Guest
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:

[QUOTE=stonehedge;71030]Well, I have made some progress today. I have a Parcelforce tracking number! Looks like the welcome pack will be with me tomorrow.

/QUOTE]

if you have the tracking number it will be with you happy days

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast