Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 63k members.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Same SkyBB Logon Details in Two Routers

This is a discussion on Same SkyBB Logon Details in Two Routers within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; All the answers are in the Tech forum...

NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      St Helens
      Blog Entries

Re: Same SkyBB Logon Details in Two Routers

All the answers are in the Tech forum

~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Follow us on Twitter @skyuser

2. Advertisement
      Koala5 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Dunstable
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV:

Re: Same SkyBB Logon Details in Two Routers

Quote Originally Posted by philbridges View Post
      To Koala5 - Ah sorry, I didn't get the full picture, I guess he must have typed in his own username and password into his friend's sky router then and used it on his own line, yes of course it would work as would just about any ADSL router. Thanks for clearing that up, I thought it was a bit odd..
      No not quite! He was waiting for Sky to send his router and it was days late as usual! so he had no access to his user name and password but new his line was active, so a mate offered to lend him his old Sky router cos his mate had cancelled his account and gone elsewhere but still had the router, the guy plugged it in on his newly active line and it worked! Logging in using his mates username and password from his cancelled account.
      I also have 2 Sky routers with differen't passwords in them and they both work on my line.
      So in summary: It would seem the any Sky router with any password will work on any Sky enabled line.
      But as suggested earlier in this thread I wouldn't recommend giving your user name and password to some else waiting for there router to arrive, because if both user names were logged in at the same time Sky might smell a rat.
      Last edited by Koala5; 19-04-07 at 09:56 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12