Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

How long should the sky router take?

This is a discussion on How long should the sky router take? within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hi, I'm new to this forum, and thought I would sign up because of the in depth help you users ...

Chi
      Chi is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

How long should the sky router take?

Hi,

I'm new to this forum, and thought I would sign up because of the in depth help you users seem to have provided, and thought I want a share.

Basically, my question is this; I gave my MAC code onto Sky over the phone on Tuesday, 10/4, and they told me that my router will arrive within 5 days by Parceline. Should I really expect it tomorrow, or I'm I just abit hopeful?

Also, I still haven't received my e-mail password, nor do I have my activation date.

Thanks in advance.

2. Advertisement
      Alan b is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: 2 x Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: How long should the sky router take?

Unless they have changed it again the routers were only being sent out after your line had be changed over/connected to Sky.

The email you set up yourself via the Sky Portal although the password and username should come in a seperate letter.

Chi
      Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Alan b View Post
      Unless they have changed it again the routers were only being sent out after your line had be changed over/connected to Sky.

The email you set up yourself via the Sky Portal although the password and username should come in a seperate letter.
      So your saying don't hold my breath?

When do I find out my activation date, and approximately how long will it be? This month sometime?

The guy on the Sky phone told me I should receive it within 5 days.

Tezcatlipoca is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Cambridge (EACAM)
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chi View Post
      Hi,

I'm new to this forum, and thought I would sign up because of the in depth help you users seem to have provided, and thought I want a share.

Basically, my question is this; I gave my MAC code onto Sky over the phone on Tuesday, 10/4, and they told me that my router will arrive within 5 days by Parceline. Should I really expect it tomorrow, or I'm I just abit hopeful?

Also, I still haven't received my e-mail password, nor do I have my activation date.

Thanks in advance.

You should get it in time... but some people do seem to have delays sometimes.

Still no letter either then?

When I signed up in Feb., the router came 1 week after I phoned to order, & the activation letter turned up the same day. Activation itself then took place a few days later, on the day Sky said it would.

May be an idea to phone Sky up & chase them if it doesn't turn up tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan b View Post

That's only for Connect, AFAIK.

For Base/Mid/Max the router should turn up before activation.

DJ AoS is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Rustington
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

1st post.... hahaha

Pretty sure I ordered mine last Tuesday (10th) and just found out router has turned up today (17th).. nice.. Hopefully it wont be long..
      Can't wait to find out my speed when its all activated.. Could only get 1mb with Pipex...

Chi
      Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Cool. Thanks for the replies.

Its the 17th today and I still have no sign of the router? No doubt it may still arrive today, as I have received 5pm deliveries with Parceline before.

Nope, still no sign of any activation code, just a letter confirming my order, and that I should expect another letter soon.

Fingers crossed

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,627 Times in 1,589 Posts

You will not receive an 'activation code' as such, when the router arrives, plug it in and it should work. The username/password you may get, allows you to sign in to the Sky portal, it has nothing to do with getting on line. If you are already subscribing to 'MY Sky' the user and password you have will/should work for the portal. The consensus of opinion on the forum is, do not use the CD to set up, unless you want to use the AV on it and have it take over your PC.

AXMATT is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Kirkcaldy
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Right the sky router should take around 14 days to get to your once your MAC has went through and the line has switched. Once sales sell you a product, it then goes to broadband to be looked over before sending you out the router. As there is high demand at the moment sky are pushing them out as best they can.

On ordering sky broadband, ask the telephone agent for a REF. That will enable you to get information quickly if you need to call back to ask when it will arrive.

However, Sky broadband does not state anywhere how long it will take for your to be up in running. It could take 28 days. Although it in most cases will not take that long, it could! If an operator tells you it will be with you in 3 to 5 days. Do not believe them. They are just trying to fog you off. Keep in mind the demand is high, and you will be connected as soon as they can get you to.

AXMATT

Chi
      Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Isitme View Post
      You will not receive an 'activation code' as such, when the router arrives, plug it in and it should work. The username/password you may get, allows you to sign in to the Sky portal, it has nothing to do with getting on line. If you are already subscribing to 'MY Sky' the user and password you have will/should work for the portal. The consensus of opinion on the forum is, do not use the CD to set up, unless you want to use the AV on it and have it take over your PC.
      Sorry. I meant my activation date, on when my Sky line shall be switched over.

So what happens if they switch my line, but accidentally I still haven't received my router? Would I be without internet until there router arrives. I currently own a Netgear DG834G, and I'm on AOL.

I also heard on these forums that there may be a possibility of Sky using DG834N's in April/May, can anyone confirm they got the N as of yet?

Regards, Chi.

EviL AnGeL is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

When I signed up the customer service rep told me it would absolutely 100% arrive before I was switched over. It didn't. I chased it up with Sky twice when it looked like it wasn't going to arrive on time and they told me twice not to worry it would be there on time.

I was switched over and it didn't arrive. I contacted them again and was told it was an "ordering error". Anyway 6 days without internet and eventually it arrived.

Personally I think it's standard practice not to send them out straight away like they say they will because so many people don't get them on time so these are not isolated "ordering errors" and they say this so you are not put off by the possibility of being without the internet for a few days.

In summary Sky are liars. Good luck.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast