Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

How long should the sky router take?

This is a discussion on How long should the sky router take? within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; An update to our situation: we've obtained a Parcelforce tracking number which shows that the package is at their National ...

iant54 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Bromley, Kent
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: How long should the sky router take?

An update to our situation: we've obtained a Parcelforce tracking number which shows that the package is at their National Hub.

However, as a further down side to our Sky experience: we were told this morning that the package that's being sent out to us is our replacement router because the record shows that we had a problem with our original router. As my friend told them, the only problem we had with any original router is that it never turned up!

2. Advertisement
      GaryM is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Didcot
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Netgear DGN1000
      Sky TV: Sky+ box
      Thanks

My parents have now contacted Ofcom about all the situation that Sky have left them in (no internet access) and all problems they have been having with Sky customer services. Ofcom have said they will be contacting Sky about the issue.

I'm not sure if this will actually achieve anything but at the very least there is now an issue logged with Ofcom. I suggest that everyone else who is left in this situation with no internet access due to Sky not having supplied the router before the switchover also contact Ofcom then maybe if enough people complain about the same issue, Sky will eventually be forced to improve their services.

Chi
      Chi is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Keep us updated on this problem you're having. It certainly isin't anything good for Sky's name.

Hope you get the problem sorted out pretty soon.

Thanks

I rang my parents this evening to find out how things were going with their quest to get their router from Sky and to my surprise the router was delivered this afternoon...a day after they had contacted Ofcom about the issue. Maybe it was pure coincidence or maybe not but either way they are finally have an internet comnnection again after 9 days of being without one. We will just have to wait and see now how fast/slow the connection is and how stable it is.

Chi
      Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Yay ! Lol.

TBH, it sounds like a coincidence, but that complaint to Ofcom was necessary.

Thanks

A bit more info as a follow on from my last post...I just found out from my parents that the router was collected yesterday from Sky (it says so on the parcel label) and was put on a fast track 24 hour delivery via ParcelForce (also specified on the parcel label). So, proof that Sky were lying 2 days ago when they said it was already in the post.

When I got my router a few weeks back it was sent on a 3-5 day delivery service. Therefore my parents actions of contacting Ofcom (and trading standards too by the way) and the fact that they told Sky customer services yesterday that they had done so clearly gave Sky a kick up the backside and in their panic they have sent out the router on a 24-hour delivery service as a matter of priority. Something they should have done 9 days ago IMO.

My advice to anyone who is left without an internet connection as a result of Sky's incompetency to supply a router prior to the switchover is to tell them you have lodged compaints with both Ofcom and Trading Standards (even if you haven't).

Chi
      Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Sky are liars afterall. Although my router was despatched via their 24 hour delivery as well.

amscss is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Waverley
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I'm also in a similar situation and am thinking of just cancelling my whole sky sub and trying broadband from someone else.

I ordered on 22nd March as I thought most of the initial teething problems must be over by now. I passed them my MAC and was migrated on 3rd April to sky bb but no router.

I phoned a couple of days later to ask what was happening and they said a router was sent to me on 22nd March. I asked if they could send a replacement as it was over 2 weeks and they said they couldn't yet as they didn't know where the original was. I didn't really care where it was I just wanted to access the service. Anyway, no router arrived so I phoned a week later and asked where it was - they still couldn't trace it so after about 30 minutes trying to convince them they agreed to send out a new router.

So this week, still no router, so called again on thursday to ask for a consignment number - they said they still couldn't trace my replacement router on their systems so parcelforce must not have come to collect it yet! So they're trying to blame parcelforce - the cheek of them! I'm giving them until 30th april by which time I'll have been without bb for 4 weeks and then I'm just going to cancel my whole sky package.

I don't understand why they don't give a chance for the router to arrive before migrating customers, or if they do that they should be willing to give out a username and password as it you've migrated the chances are you've got your own equipment to use for a temporary period.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123