Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up


    Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.


    Advertisement

    Results 1 to 7 of 7

    Broadband down for 26 days

    This is a discussion on Broadband down for 26 days within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; We have three computers/users here. Lost Sky broadband connection 26 days ago Now using dial-up. Frequent calls to Tier 1. ...

    1. #1
      Peter Noble's Avatar
      Peter Noble is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Crouch End
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Join Date
      Nov 2006
      Posts
      4
      Thanks
      0
      Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

      Broadband down for 26 days

      We have three computers/users here.

      Lost Sky broadband connection 26 days ago

      Now using dial-up. Frequent calls to Tier 1. Hours wasted. All polite. No help. Tier 2 the same. Spoke to Tier 3. Problem in hand. This was about 20 days ago. Promises to phone back. Not kept. No internet light on modem; problem at exchange. Worked OK October to March.


    2. Advertisement
    3. #2
      The Realist's Avatar
      The Realist is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Anything
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre 100GB Trial Gold X
      Router: Sky Q Hub Mk7 Trial Gold
      Sky TV: SkyQ/Motorised
      Join Date
      Mar 2007
      Location
      Behind You
      Posts
      1,032
      Thanks
      3
      Thanked 27 Times in 27 Posts

      Re: Broadband down for 26 days

      Thats sky for you. Was connected on the 22nd of March and from day one I have never had a connection.

      Ceased my contract and its due to terminate tomorow.

    4. #3
      rbentley's Avatar
      rbentley is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Join Date
      Sep 2006
      Posts
      120
      Thanks
      0
      Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

      Re: Broadband down for 26 days

      I requested an upgrade from Sky Connect to Sky Max.

      Sky messed up the upgrade cancelling our broadband alltogether. This was on March 26th, we still have no broadband.

    5. #4
      darrin's Avatar
      darrin is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Join Date
      Aug 2006
      Posts
      15
      Thanks
      0
      Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

      Re: Broadband down for 26 days

      Quote Originally Posted by Peter Noble View Post
      Now using dial-up. Frequent calls to Tier 1. Hours wasted. All polite. No help. Tier 2 the same. Spoke to Tier 3. Problem in hand. This was about 20 days ago. Promises to phone back. Not kept. No internet light on modem; problem at exchange. Worked OK October to March.
      Very similar problem here. Our line went dead Mar 23. I was lucky enough to get sky to return one of the many calls I made. Unfortunately all they could tell me is they could not get through to the right internal department dealing with my problem. The last call from them blamed it all on BT's lack of capactiy.

      I'm on LLU/max on the lower holloway exchange. Anyone know if there is capacity problems there?

    6. #5
      Peter Noble's Avatar
      Peter Noble is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Crouch End
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Join Date
      Nov 2006
      Posts
      4
      Thanks
      0
      Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

      Re: Broadband down for 26 days

      More from Peter Noble re NO BROADBAND FOR 26 DAYS

      Got through to Tier 3 at about 10am (quite an achievement). Helpful again. Promised to investigate further and phone back by 4pm. I stayed in all day. No call. No broadband.

    7. #6
      rbentley's Avatar
      rbentley is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Join Date
      Sep 2006
      Posts
      120
      Thanks
      0
      Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

      Re: Broadband down for 26 days

      Quote Originally Posted by rbentley View Post
      I requested an upgrade from Sky Connect to Sky Max.

      Sky messed up the upgrade cancelling our broadband alltogether. This was on March 26th, we still have no broadband.
      Still no broadband for me...

    8. #7
      stevie28's Avatar
      stevie28 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Lower Holloway
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Join Date
      Jan 2007
      Location
      London, UK
      Posts
      17
      Thanks
      0
      Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

      Re: Broadband down for 26 days

      Quote Originally Posted by darrin View Post
      Very similar problem here. Our line went dead Mar 23. I was lucky enough to get sky to return one of the many calls I made. Unfortunately all they could tell me is they could not get through to the right internal department dealing with my problem. The last call from them blamed it all on BT's lack of capactiy.

      I'm on LLU/max on the lower holloway exchange. Anyone know if there is capacity problems there?
      When did you sign up for Sky BB? I signed up in December last year and have still not be transferred from Connect to LLU/Max because their is a 'lack of capacity' in the lower holloway exchange. They won't give me any date as to when it will be improved.

     

     

    Tags for this Thread

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •  
    SkyUser - Copyright © 2006-2017. SatDish and NewsreadeR | SkyUser is in no way affiliated with Sky Broadband / BSkyB
    RIPA NOTICE: NO CONSENT IS GIVEN FOR INTERCEPTION OF PAGE TRANSMISSION