Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Anyone Who Has Connected From Tiscali To Sky

This is a discussion on Anyone Who Has Connected From Tiscali To Sky within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; I've joined sky since 5 of april, but I could still log in to "my account" at the tiscali website. ...

JEPES is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Anyone Who Has Connected From Tiscali To Sky

I've joined sky since 5 of april, but I could still log in to "my account" at the tiscali website. Should I be worried?

I've given tiscali a call and the indian guy said that since i have migrated to sky broadband tiscali is automaticlly cancelled....

Shed some light anyone?

2. Advertisement
      M.E.B. is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Anyone Who Has Connected From Tiscali To Sky

Quote Originally Posted by JEPES View Post
      I've joined sky since 5 of april, but I could still log in to "my account" at the tiscali website. Should I be worried?

I've given tiscali a call and the indian guy said that since i have migrated to sky broadband tiscali is automaticlly cancelled....

Shed some light anyone?
      I left Tiscali for Sky on the 5th Dec 06 and asked them to cancel my e.mail accounts but they are still live and all my details are still on there site including payment details I dont think you have anything to worry about alot of sites keep your details after you leave for some reason, I left Powergen 12 months ago and my details are still on there site I can still log in to my old account there.
      Tiscali will take a payment out of your account after you leave i dont know why you must pay in arrears hope this help you.

JEPES is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

ok thanks a lot

silverfox is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Washington
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Just be very careful and check your bank statements !!!! With many ISP's, unless you cancel in writing they will continue to take money from you. AOL does this and Tiscalli has been known to.

MikeLeeds is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I migrated from Tiscali a few weeks ago. I haven't checked to see whether my details are still with them, but they did send a letter confirming that the service has been cancelled. As long as you receive that letter at some point, then everything should be fine.

bob39 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01224879137
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JEPES View Post

Shed some light anyone?
      i to have moved from tiscali and can still access my tiscali account . i left tiscali in feb

Pharuk is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Spennymoor
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I had same problem with AOL I could still access my account but I phoned them up last week and told them that I was with Sky now.
      I was informed as I was still accessing my account i would be changed..
      I told them no way and by the way I cancelled my debit card so that they could not take any money off me..
      The rep then went away and then came back after a few mins and cancelled my account...

I bet that they would have tried to get money if I did not cancel my debit card and get new one

maffyooz is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Worthing West, SDWWST
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Exactly the same problem. Received a letter from tiscali saying i owe them for 3 months internet (cancelled DD as soon as I changed to Sky). Phoned tiscali and was told that Sky actually inform the old ISP of the change when you get the MAC code, nice lady told me to send a letter saying that I had moved from tisacli to a new ISP, which I did. A couple of days ago I received another letter from tiscali saying that they need a copy of the go live letter from sky, of course i couldnt find that at all. If you need a copy sent then call 08702 40 40 40 and choose options 1, 2, 2. Hopefullly should stop the silly letter tennis thats going on.