Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Help - they can't deliver my hardware!

This is a discussion on Help - they can't deliver my hardware! within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Well here’s my tale of woe: I ordered Sky broadband’s connect service (migrating from Tiscali) in the middle of March ...

cjr1234 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Help - they can't deliver my hardware!

Well here’s my tale of woe:

I ordered Sky broadband’s connect service (migrating from Tiscali) in the middle of March and was told it would take about 15 days to get connected. They said there would be 30 mins – 2hours loss of service and I would receive my hardware a few days before the line went live. I asked them to deliver the hardware to my parent’s address.

So I get home from work on Tuesday and can’t connect to the internet at all. I was just about to phone Tiscali but decided to try Sky instead in case they’d taken over my service. Sure enough they have and apparently delivered the box on the 5th of April to my address where it was signed for by a neighbour who I’d never heard of.

After a few enquiries amongst my neighbours it became clear that they hadn’t delivered it at all. So back on the phone to Sky and after a couple of calls during which they blamed Parceforce, they promise to deliver it to my work address by Friday at the latest. I called again on Wednesday morning to confirm this was all in hand and was assured it was.

Come today and of course no sign of any hardware. Back on the phone to Sky and I’m told first of all that the first person was not telling the truth and it was never delivered to a neighbour of mine. Apparently this is because with the connect service the hardware is delivered after the line goes live. He then goes off and speaks to someone and tells me not to worry as it’s due for delivery at my parent’s house today (and do I want to change the delivery address!!). So I phone my Dad tonight and there’s no sign of it.

Anyone got any suggestions? I don’t really want to phone Sky again as they seem to make stuff up! Can I ask them for a MAC code even though I’ve never used the service? There doesn’t seem to be any prospect of them ever delivering it so I don’t know what to do. I never thought I’d regret leaving Tiscali but even they’re quicker than dial up!

Thanks in advance, Chris.

2. Advertisement
      Steve case is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Prescot
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Help - they can't deliver my hardware!

Ask Sky for the Parcelforce consignment number. At least then you can then go on the Parcelfoce website and check where your package is.