Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Broadband stopped working after 3 weeks

This is a discussion on Broadband stopped working after 3 weeks within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hi guys, On wednesday 11/04/2007, whist being bored at work and randomly searching the net I came across a website ...

zeo
      zeo is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Broadband stopped working after 3 weeks

Hi guys,

On wednesday 11/04/2007, whist being bored at work and randomly searching the net I came across a website called SamKnows.com. On it I did a free search about what my line can handle.

Apart from the usual results, I saw something very strange that alarmed me. It told me that there was a cease order currently on my line.

I contacted sky T/S about this and was told that there was nothing on there system, so nothing to be concerned about.

The next day (Thursday 12/04/2007) I came home to find my internet not working.
      router doesnt show any line information, and I get an error: 100

Contacted sky, after the useless tier1 service questions "is your computer switched on sir?" etc I was finally referred to tier3 (3-5 days for reply).

When I questioned her about the cease order, she wasnt able to give me a proper answer.

The really weird thing is....

• the cease order from the day before
      • my mac code that I used to transfer over from plusnet to sky was set to expire on 12/04/2007 (Thursday)
      • Following sky's advice regarding skytalk, they advised me to move my then line rental from plusnet over to bt Option 1. BT told me they were unable to do this untill 12/04/2007 (Thursday) as there was currently an unknown open order on my line

Do you think any of this could be connected?

I've got a feeling that sky may have put a cease on my adsl line for some strange unknown reason, and disconnected it. Hence my router unable to find any information about the phone line it is connected to.

I did any scan today with samknows on my line and got this result.
      Congratulations, you are in a broadband enabled area.
      However, there appears to an incompatible product or device on your line that must be removed before an xDSL service can be provisioned.

2. Advertisement
      zeo
      zeo is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Broadband stopped working after 3 weeks

Hey guys,

Just to let you know I am no longer with Sky Broadband..

After having no internet for the better part of a month, and numerous painfully tideus phone calls to Tier1 and Tier3, I've given up all hope of staying with sky.

All month I've been constently contacting Sky regarding on the status of my broadband (which had been mysterously ceased due to an unknown reason by sky). I found out that I've been lied to all month, regarding numerous problems which didnt make any sence to me, lies about phone calls from tier3 back to me which never happened.

And yesterday after another hour wait with CS found out that my line had been in the same status as it was originally when the first cease order took place. Sky never attempted to reconnect my line, and little or no notes were left on my file of previous phone converstations with tier1 and tier3.

BTW TIER1 are absolutly useless and need to be taken behind the shed and shot. TIER3 seem to have some knowledge but all action that was promissed to me seemed to have been a lie.

I was able to cancel my broadband contract as sky didnt have control over my line, and made no attempt over the last month to try and take my line back (regardless of what lies tier1 and tier3 told me whenever I called regarding an update on what was happening). I also cancelled my skytalk which never actually came to work over the last 2 months of me being with sky. Unfortunatly I'm stuck with the tv package for atleast 12 months as that was the only thing from sky that worked.

The whole reason I signed up for skytv was for the package of tv Broadband + phone. The later 2 being the main reason, TV just seemed like a bonus.

Its seems such a shame, when broadband worked, it was great and I couldnt rave to friends about it anymore!!, but when things didnt work, the **** really hit the fan.