Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

View Poll Results: How long has it taken to be moved to LLU from Connect?

Voters
    31. You may not vote on this poll
    • Still waiting to move (< 1 month)

6 19.35%
    • Still waiting to move (> 1 month)

16 51.61%
    • Moved to LLU (<1 month when exchange was LLU'd)

7 22.58%
    • Moved to LLU (>1 month when exchange was LLU'd)

2 6.45%
    Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Connect to Mid/Max, anyone yet!!

This is a discussion on Connect to Mid/Max, anyone yet!! within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Originally Posted by boab2791 Is there anyway to confirm I have actually been moved over, ie would BT Speedtester still ...

Oneiros is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: ESFAL
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Connect to Mid/Max, anyone yet!!

Quote Originally Posted by boab2791 View Post
      Is there anyway to confirm I have actually been moved over, ie would BT Speedtester still work on an LLU line, would throughput match sync, are we still limited to BT's IP Profile limits for sync speed?
      The simplest way is to check your upstream speed (usually). If it's 384, 400 or 416 then you are probably on Mid, if it's about 448 or 220ish then you're still on connect.

Moving would have caused the line to drop though, so it would appear it hasnt happened yet.

BT may just be a little behind on the migration orders.

2. Advertisement
      boab2791 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Lennoxtown (WSLEX)
      Broadband ISP: Talk Talk
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Oneiros View Post
      BT may just be a little behind on the migration orders.
      Upstream speed is still at 448 and there has been NO drop out on the connection in over 5 days now.

If you work for Sky Oneiros why am I being lied too on this issue, there is no mention of an order on the BT Line Tracker pages yet my letter from Customer Relations states I have been moved over.

I am angry at being constantly lied too and fobbed off by them. I have not received a reply to the email I sent to them on Thursday night.

blackiecats is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Kirkby-in-Ashfield
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Alan b View Post
      I'm in the still waiting club, but I was told it would be done before the end of July so there is still a while to go as yet.
      I was told the same thing when I asked why Connect was just 5 when it says on the Sky website and other documentation 17.

Was told it was because the Sky BB network would arrive very soon in my area and when it arrives I would be put straight onto the 'Mid' package. She said all this should happen by July.

I just hope it's better than the 'Connect' service that I'm on right now!

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by boab2791 View Post
      Upstream speed is still at 448 and there has been NO drop out on the connection in over 5 days now.

If you work for Sky Oneiros why am I being lied too on this issue, there is no mention of an order on the BT Line Tracker pages yet my letter from Customer Relations states I have been moved over.

I am angry at being constantly lied too and fobbed off by them. I have not received a reply to the email I sent to them on Thursday night.
      Sorry but I don't know why they are telling you why you have been moved when you haven't, your best bet is to email them again stating your evidence (ie 448 upstream and line not having gone down) and get them to respond to that. I can't advise anymore than that unfortunately.

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by blackiecats View Post
      I was told the same thing when I asked why Connect was just 5 when it says on the Sky website and other documentation 17.

Was told it was because the Sky BB network would arrive very soon in my area and when it arrives I would be put straight onto the 'Mid' package. She said all this should happen by July.

I just hope it's better than the 'Connect' service that I'm on right now!
      Well the advantage of being on Mid over Connect is that on Connect, if there is a problem all that can be done is sending a fault report to BT, which they invariably do nothing about whereas on the Mid package Tier 3 can go in and configure your line themselves.

leon_judge is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Newark
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Hi,

I have been on connect for a few months and found out today (via samknows) that my exchange has just been Sky LLU enabled. I called Sky to switch from Connect to Mid and I expected that I would be migrated from ADSL (GDMT) to ADSL2+, but the sky rep just told me that it was a billing/package change and that its now done?

My line isn't particularly brilliant, I have been on Max with various ISP's for about a year and only achieve about 2.5mb, not much more than when I was on the non-max product.

I have copied my current readings below;

DSL Modulation Mode: GDMT
      DSL Path Mode: INTERLEAVED
      Downstream Rate: 2528 Kbps
      Upstream Rate: 448 Kbps
      Downstream Margin: 6 db
      Upstream Margin: 14 db
      Downstream Line Attenuation: 60
      Upstream Line Attenuation: 31

I used the ADSL checker on the BT website and it said that I should achieve speeds of around 6.5mb, but I have never seen the speed more than 2.8mb.

I'm approximately 3.5km from the exchange line of sight, the att/13.8 calc based on attenuation suggests 4.3km which could be about right.

Should I have been migrated to ADSL2 or from the figures above will my line not support it?

Thanks

Leon
      Last edited by leon_judge; 21-04-07 at 07:14 PM.

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

THIS suggests that you could expect between 2 and 4 mb, but it is impossible to say how stable this would be. It could be that Sky have decided that your line will not support ADSL2+, which deteriorates very rapidly with line distance.

I have an idea that Sky enable lines working out from the exchange, so that the lines which would most benefit get upgraded, before those at a distance. This is not really in accordance with their statements when you sign up, that you will be upgraded when the exchange is enabled. But really, to upgrade a line which will show no improvement or even be worse, to the detriment of a closer line which will improve, would not be very good practise, especially when places are restricted.

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by leon_judge View Post
      Hi,

I have been on connect for a few months and found out today (via samknows) that my exchange has just been Sky LLU enabled. I called Sky to switch from Connect to Mid and I expected that I would be migrated from ADSL (GDMT) to ADSL2+, but the sky rep just told me that it was a billing/package change and that its now done?

Upstream Rate: 448 Kbps
      It's not just a billing change and your upstream speed tells me you are still on Connect, you might want to phone them up and ask them to try using Swish on your phone number and service ID.

It will come back telling them that you are not an On-net (base/mid/max) customer.

Only once you are moved will Sky then be able to determine your maximum line speed.

Restorer is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Oneiros View Post
      you might want to phone them up and ask them to try using Swish on your phone number and service ID.
      Could you explain what this means?

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Swish is a tool used for on-net customers, ie LLU (base.mid/max). A customers telephone number and a reference number unique to each customer called a service ID are put into swish and it brings up some basic details about the line, such as upstream and downstream speed. If the question is whether or not the customer has been migrated to LLU equipment then if you can get them to "swish" your line (not to be confused with Whoosh, which is a tool used for Off-net customers, ie those on Connect), then you can find out for sure.

If it brings back a result then the customer is on-net, if not it brings up a message saying that the service ID does not belong to an on-net customer, which means they would still have to be on Connect.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast