Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

View Poll Results: How long has it taken to be moved to LLU from Connect?

Voters
    31. You may not vote on this poll
    • Still waiting to move (< 1 month)

6 19.35%
    • Still waiting to move (> 1 month)

16 51.61%
    • Moved to LLU (<1 month when exchange was LLU'd)

7 22.58%
    • Moved to LLU (>1 month when exchange was LLU'd)

2 6.45%
    Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Connect to Mid/Max, anyone yet!!

This is a discussion on Connect to Mid/Max, anyone yet!! within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; @old mcdonal Sounds good, looks like you might be getting moved over shortly. My connection on Connect seems to be ...

boab2791 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Lennoxtown (WSLEX)
      Broadband ISP: Talk Talk
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: Connect to Mid/Max, anyone yet!!

@old mcdonal

Sounds good, looks like you might be getting moved over shortly.

My connection on Connect seems to be a bit better now, I am syncing at 2912 with 7db SNR. I aint sure how I will know if I have been moved over except for the BT Order Tracker.

Would the BT Speedtester still work if you where on an LLU line and does Sky cap throughpout like BT does, ie if you sync between 2848 and 3496 you are allowed max throughput of 2500 or do you get the throughput of the sync speed?

2. Advertisement
      Restorer is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

With the six month anninversary of my exchange being LLU'd approaching, I decided to write to James Murdoch also - and hey Presto! A reply within 48 hours:

Thank you for your e-mail addressed to Mr James Murdoch, for whom I've been asked to respond.

Firstly, please accept my apologies for any inconvenience caused during this time.

On the information available, I note that there appears to have been some issues at the exchange which has prevented this action being completed.

I can advise that I've requested this to be actioned without delay and should be completed in a few days. I will monitor this matter and if there are any issues which may prevent this being completed, I will update you accordingly.

If I can be of further assistance, please contact me at the e-mail address shown.

Malcolm J Dingwall
      Customer Relations

I then checked my line for orders and lo and behold:

Description CHANGE
      Appointment No date yet
      Date due 25 Apr 2007
      Status In progress
      Last update 17 Apr 2007
      Notes Your order is in progress.

Items in this order
      Description Product name Quantity Cost Rental
      PROVIDE LLU LINE SHARE PSTN 1 0.0 0.0
      PROVIDE SMPF TO SMPF MIG. ON TACTICAL 1 0.0 0.0

So finally something seems to be happening and, yes, they do seem to take note of emails to JM!

Thanks

@Restorer

What exactly did you say to Mr M as I am still waiting for a response from the Customer Relations person as she is now waiting on a response from her senior. It sounds to me like I am being fobbed off as per usual with this crowd and I am getting really miffed with them now. She tells me they anticpate moving everyone across by July 2007 and is seeing if this process can be expediated for me, I severly doubt this. I hate Connect and is throttling of certian services and that ridiculous 3 day sync rule to get throughput back up.

Any help apprecaited.

Lazarus is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: STHYTHE
      Broadband ISP: Mid from 5 Connect
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I haven't voted on this because, well, to be quite honest, it doesn't make any difference to me. They're both 5, both 8 Mb, and I may actually get slightly lower speeds on Mid than I do now on connect.

So I'm not waiting to be changed over. If it ain't broke don't touch it. I'm quite happy where I am thanks

But, for anyone that is interested, my exchange was unbundled 8th February.
      Asus P6T Deluxe - i7 920 @3.6GHz - 750GB Samsung F1 - 6GB OCZ Platinum 1600MHz - XFX GTX260 'Black Edition' - Tagan 1100W PSU - TT 'Big Water' 760i - Antec 1200 - Windows 7 64-bit - Ubuntu 9.04 64-bit

ADSL Link..............Down .............Up
      Connection Speed..9215 kbps......606 kbps
      Line Attenuation... 20.0 db..........11.9 db
      Noise Margin........ 20.9 db..........22.0db

Exchange:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by boab2791 View Post
      @Restorer

What exactly did you say to Mr M
      A bit long to quote here but I made it clear in the subject line that I was prepared to leave over this. I filled in the background and listed the cataloque of excuses from CS over the months, ending with:

Now, I have no way of knowing if any of these excuses are true but I do know when I am being fobbed off. Each time I am given the timescale of 5-10 days and each time nothing happens.

Why can your staff not just tell me the truth of why I am having to wait so long? I would be grateful if you would pass this to someone who can let me have the facts on this matter and who can truthfully tell me how much longer I may expect to wait.

Hope this helps. Mind you, I will believe it when I see it - and, Lazarus, most of us on the Connect package are getting charged 17 a month!

Oneiros is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: ESFAL
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Sky is currently gearing up to bulk transfer connect customers to LLU equipment on exchanges that have been unbundled however it is a process which must be done carefully or else people will be losing their connections and then no one would be happy. It is being done in stages (ie one area at a time) and a timetable has been drawn up however only SNS are currently privy to all the details.

My advise is to be patient, it will happen.

If however you cant be patient, and if your exchange is not near the top of the list and if you get the right operative on the phone and you are persuasive enough (trust me, bitching and moaning and shouting wont help)then you could get migrating singly, however your chances are slim. There are a hell of a lot of people currently being migrated, and it all takes time.

Exchange:
      Thanks

Oneiros, do you work for Sky?

I can understand and accept what you are saying. However, 2 points annoy the hell out of me.

1. It seems they have been spending the last six months and more trying to develop a strategy for transferring folk - a strategy which should have been developed and in place *before* SkyBB was ever introduced.

2. If what you say is the case then why oh why can CS not just tell people what is happening instead of fobbing them off with every excuse they can think of. Or are you suggesting that CS have been left in the dark about this too?

Oneiros is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: ESFAL
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

This is a recent announcement even to technical and they tend not to give info to people who wont understand it much and CS are there to work with customer service issues, not technical. When a full timetable is firmed up then CS may well be given the info to pass on but right now it would just cause more upset, cause expectations to be set inaccurately and make everything worse (if that's possible ).

As for who I work for that is between me and my employer.

Thanks

I have received a letter today from the lady at Customer Relations I have been conversing with. She states in her letter that she has been advised as of the 18th April I have been moved to the Mid Package.

Yeah says me until I realise my router hasn't dropped connection in days as no doubt a move in equipment would force a reboot and no order has appeared on the BT Line Tracker. I am suspicious of this.

To appease me further another 20 credit has been applied to my account.

Is there anyway to confirm I have actually been moved over, ie would BT Speedtester still work on an LLU line, would throughput match sync, are we still limited to BT's IP Profile limits for sync speed?

I will contact my Customer Relations person again to try and get more information on this as I feel I am being told what I want to hear just to get me off their backs. I can't even confirm this on sky.com as my online profile has been broke for months and Sky assure me this is being looked into but is a complicated matter to update the web site details!

old mcdonal is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by old mcdonal View Post
      hi all havent been here for a while.....i have been waiting since December, was told it was going to be done in Jan but never did, since then i have been paying 5 for my connect, the service itself has been v. good.

will the lovely c/s at sky contact me once i have been moved over?

just checked my BT order: something has happend, not too sure wot all this means but by judging from previous post it looks like i may be upgraded soon.

Placed 12 Apr 2007
      Description CHANGE
      Appointment No date yet
      Date due 20 Apr 2007
      Status In progress
      Last update 15 Apr 2007
      Notes Your order is in progress.

Items in this order
      Description Product name Quantity Cost Rental
      PROVIDE LLU LINE SHARE PSTN 1 0.0 0.0
      PROVIDE SMPF TO SMPF MIG. ON TACTICAL

I have checked that my BT order, and it has been completed today, im not at home so hope everythign is stillworking and i have been moved to the MID package, is there anything i can check to see if this has been processed, without ringing those people at sky they call CS!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast