Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

I need help getting sky to move me to ADSL 2+

This is a discussion on I need help getting sky to move me to ADSL 2+ within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; That is a complete fob off. What has been said before stands, if ur on there llu then tier3 can ...

NoXioUs is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Bolton LOC
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: I need help getting sky to move me to ADSL 2+

That is a complete fob off.
      What has been said before stands, if ur on there llu then tier3 can try u on dsl2 with in a matter of seconds. I know this because i rang up a while ago and got them to do it for me. Adsl2 was actually slower due to my line. I went back on to gdmt but was moved to fast path. (i do lots of gaming).
      Tier 3 would be able to sort u out with out fail.

2. Advertisement
      NoXioUs is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Bolton LOC
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I think i had to get a ticket with tier 3. There was a number floating about for tier 3 but no one ever answered it.

Just mither em to death.

The Doctor is offline Skyuser Member
      Exchange: SSNOR
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

if you go through the proper channels eg t1 you can now be transferd through if the problem warrants it and the que time is not to high

NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NoXioUs View Post
      I think i had to get a ticket with tier 3. There was a number floating about for tier 3 but no one ever answered it.

Just mither em to death.
      The number that was on here, has been decommissioned, probably because too many people were ringing it, and causing delays to those already in the queuing system.

~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Follow us on Twitter @skyuser

Replenish is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Dinnington
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Well i did reply to the last email and got the same information straight back. The only thing I can think of is maybe im on sky connect but being charged at sky max prices because my exchange is unbundled.

I just can't understand why that would be and why the service was offered to me in the first play.

Anyway here is the reply I got.

Hi J ohn,
      Thank you for contacting Sky Broadband Technical Support.
      As my colleague has confirmed below your exchange is unbundled and has ADSL2. However, this is already full to capacity, therefore there is no room to provide an ADSL2 connection for yourself until such time as the exchange has a further upgrade.

If you need further help or information, please reply to this email or contact us on 08705 515 515.

Thanks
      Heather
      Sky Broadband Technical Support
      Sky
      Sky.com - Home

Im done on this issue just can't be bothered at the moment, may pick it up in a few months and besides my sky router has started to freeze on a daily basis so I have gone back to my trusty linksys one. And I suppose I can't really complain about 6.5-7mbit download speeds for a tenner.

Oneiros is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: ESFAL
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

If you're over 2K from the exchange then you are probably better off not trying adsl2plus. I'm not saying there is no chance you might not get an improvement but considering you are almost certainly set to 8192kbps and syncing at 6Megish then 2plus isnt going to help, especially considering the fact that you say you are experiencing some intermittency already.

But your faceplate is definitely an issue considering how your noise margin grew.
      Last edited by Oneiros; 19-04-07 at 10:58 PM.

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

The connection problem is not the line it's the router and it doesn't drop instead its as if its forgotten what dns is untill it gets a reboot.

I swap between the two routers as I get better line stats with my sky router during the evening, linksys works fine all the time but using my own router is not a discussion for here.

When the sky router doesn't play up I get a steady 850kb/s all day sometimes a little better, linksys drops 50kb in the evening but that doesnt bother me.

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Over a period of time any line which is not absolutely perfect will pick up errors and when this becomes too much it may well operate as you describe, resetting the router initiates a new session and this will have you up and running again, from what you say this is what appears to be happening to you.

You have to understand I am not seeing your actual line stats as logged by the DSLAM (a significantly more expensive and accurate piece of equipment than the router), so what I am telling you is best guess based on what info I have.

And with the info I have I would have to say there is little to no chance of an improvement on adsl2plus, in fact chances are it would get worse, but hey man it's your call and like I said, I havent reviewed your line from the other end. Not trying to tell you what to do.

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I'm greatful for the help.

It just would have been nice of sky to have sent me a letter or email with something along the lines of the following.

Dear Mr Smith

Looking at your line stats we feel it is in your best interest that we supply you with this service. (Obviously padded out a little with a few numbers)

If you require any more information please call **************

Sky

Then I don't think I would have got the urge to try and get my line moved onto adsl2+

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Well in case you were unaware the lines to Tier 3 are now open again and you shouldnt have too much trauma getting through (emphasis on too much) so if you call in now you should be able to speak to someone who can review your stats and give a more informed answer.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123