Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Order Ceased by Sky... Any answers why???

This is a discussion on Order Ceased by Sky... Any answers why??? within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; I ordered Sky BB 16Mb and the Basic 2 package deal from Sky about the 23rd of March... I got ...

Pharuk is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Spennymoor
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Unhappy Order Ceased by Sky... Any answers why???

I ordered Sky BB 16Mb and the Basic 2 package deal from Sky about the 23rd of March...

I got a letter welcoming us back to sky and also a letter telling me my login and password on the 31st of March and my router arrived April 2nd..

The letter with my password said I would be informed about 3 days before I would be switched over, (I was on AOL) I found out a web site that you could see current orders on your telephone line... it said that there was going to be some changes on my line on the 5th April.

On 5th April I could not login to AOL but Sky had not told me I was with them yet....
      I decided to try my router out and it worked and I was using Sky BB, but I was only getting 8Mb download speeds not the 16Mb I thought I should be getting... I waited a week and finally phoned Sky to ask when I was going to be told that I was going to be switched over...

To be fair all the people I spoke to were very helpful and said that they did not know I was with them yet... so gthey checked the records and it showed I was switched on on 5th but it was cancelled on that day as well, and they did not know why.... could AOL be stopping me changing over and not telling me or Sky. I will post a log of orders on my line incase it helps....

Sorry about length of post, but I am currently VERY happy with Sky BB and wanna stay with them

Placed 27 Mar 2007
      Description CHANGE
      Appointment No date yet
      Date due 05 Apr 2007
      Status Order completed
      Last update 05 Apr 2007
      Notes Your order has been completed.
      Items in this order
      Description Product name Quantity Cost Rental
      PROVIDE LLU LINE SHARE PSTN 1 0.0 0.0
      PROVIDE SMPF TO SMPF MIG. ON TACTICAL 1 0.0 0.0

Placed 05 Apr 2007
      Description CHANGE
      Appointment No date yet
      Date due 05 Apr 2007
      Status Order completed
      Last update 05 Apr 2007
      Notes Your order has been completed.
      Items in this order
      Description Product name Quantity Cost Rental
      CEASE LLU LINE SHARE PSTN 1 0.0 0.0
      CEASE CEASE SMPF 1 0.0 0.0

Any help would be great in case I have got to get back on to either AOL or Sky BB..

2. Advertisement
      Pharuk is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Spennymoor
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Unhappy Re: Order Ceased by Sky... Any answers why???

Well just a quick update to anyone that might be in same position ever as I am ATM I have spoken to a sky rep in ireland and he was very helpful....

He went throught to provisioning department and tried to find out what happened... It was because I was not a current Sky subcriber that when I phoned up to get both BB & TV the guy took my sky tv order and gave me the half price deal but he had to cancel my old account pricing and give me special deal.... then he put my broadband order through...

Trouble was is that somewhere in the system because I had a cancelled Sky TV order going through the broadband system picked up this and as you have to have Sky Tv to have broadband my broadband order was cancelled...

So I will loose my Sky Broadband on the 18th and there is nothing that they can stop to prevent that, but I have to phone them up on the 18th when I loose the internet and I can get another order put through straight away...

So no internet for me for about 10 working days until bt switch me on again at exchange AGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH

I will never survive..

Any comments on this guys???????

It seems feasble and truthful to me, so it was nothing to do with AOL..