Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Cannot connect outbound or RDC inbound!

This is a discussion on Cannot connect outbound or RDC inbound! within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hi, I have a colleague who also has Sky Connect showing as 7856 downstream on router. Today, as many others ...

garyb is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Peterborough Central
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Cannot connect outbound or RDC inbound!

Hi,
      I have a colleague who also has Sky Connect showing as 7856 downstream on router. Today, as many others she simply cannot connect out to the internet so I have logged into her router remotely to check all settings are OK, which they appear to be as I have mirrored my own router which works fine.

I setup a remote connection to the laptop, but I cannot connect to it using public IP, agin mine works fine with same settings.

Router can ping the laptop & BBC - homepage - Home of the BBC on the Internet etc and I have disabled wireless and told her to connect via ethernet. She can also log into the router no problem locally, but just not the internet. Additionally she can connect through our company VPN where I can ping the laptop albeit it breaks the ping every 3-4 attempts then reconnects?

Any ideas what I could do to further test as it appears she is struggling for bandwidth and my tests are simply timing out?

Thanx
      G
      For sale - full set of Encyclopedia Britannica... Not needed as the missis knows everything!...

2. Advertisement
      Jimrod is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Cannot connect outbound or RDC inbound!

Sounds like the exact problem I have in another post here... If tier 3 call back tonight as they have said they will, and solve the problem i'll let you know!

Jimrod is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Cannot connect outbound or RDC inbound!

Well, shocker they didn't call me back! Buuuuut.... miraculously my connection was fine when I got home! Could be they did something or perhaps whatever was causing the problem was fixed from BT/Sky's end anyway... who knows?

On another quick point I have noticed that if I am playing an online game (World of Warcraft...) I will always get disconnected from it at midnight, can log straight back into the game after but it is only me, my friends on other ISP's stay connected... Could this be Sky or BT resetting or something? (Sorry, not meaning to hijack the thread!).

Jim.