Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

BBC says I am not in this country!

This is a discussion on BBC says I am not in this country! within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; I couldn't listen to the England match on radio 5 from the bbc website because it said i was not ...

Unregistered Guest
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:

BBC says I am not in this country!

I couldn't listen to the England match on radio 5 from the bbc website because it said i was not located in this county. Did a whois on my gateway IP address and it confirmed my ISP location as being in Holland:

OrgName: RIPE Network Coordination Centre
      OrgID: RIPE
      Address: P.O. Box 10096
      City: Amsterdam
      StateProv:
      PostalCode: 1001EB

This is not very good at all and i am sure that there must be other sites and services affected if they require your location to be confirmed.

2. Advertisement
      OhNoes is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Sidcup (LSSID)
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      whois it again using http://www.ripe.net/whois - sometimes IPs show that they are registered to RIPE/APNIC and not the specific ISP. It might just be a case of the registrys not yet having Skys IPs added to their databases. Emailing BBC tech might prompt them to do something about it.

Unregistered Guest
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      I noticed in the thread "LIST SITES YOU CAN'T ACCESS" thread that there are some other sites that are teling people that SKY ISP seems to be listed as not being in the UK as well, so its not an isolate issue with the BBC - but i will contact them to see if they have anything further to say.