Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

What's the best way to cancel Sky bb ?

This is a discussion on What's the best way to cancel Sky bb ? within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hi All, I ordered Sky bb max last Saturday (7th April). Having read this thread and others I am seriously ...

Hammerbear is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

What's the best way to cancel Sky bb ?

Hi All, I ordered Sky bb max last Saturday (7th April).
      Having read this thread
      and others I am seriously considering cancelling.
      I am not the most patient of people and this would push me over the edge
      Like most people I am only changing due the cost dropping from 29.99 a month with BT to 10 a month with Sky, but I would sooner pay the extra to get a reliable service.
      I have been with BT for six years and it's only gone down twice in all that time and then only for a couple of hours.
      So my question is : given that I am only a few days in to my order whets the best way/contact to cancel my order without disruption ?

Regards......Ted

2. Advertisement
      Koala5 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Dunstable
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: What's the best way to cancel Sky bb ?

Don't be too hasty! Don't forget it's only people who have problems who are likely to visit a forum such as this, the ones who's broadband is working perfectly would have no reason to come here. I will admit I did have some issues with speed and disconnections but after advise from this forum it turned out to be a problem with my internal telephone wiring and nothing to do with Sky. The problem didn't show up with BT because the slower 2mb BT connection didn't push the line to its limits which was when the fault occurred. Now the wiring is fixed I have a rock solid 8mb connection with no complaints at all. Four times as fast as BT and 4 times cheaper.

sc0tsman is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: livingston
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Koala5 View Post
      Don't be too hasty! Don't forget it's only people who have problems who are likely to visit a forum such as this, the ones who's broadband is working perfectly would have no reason to come here. I will admit I did have some issues with speed and disconnections but after advise from this forum it turned out to be a problem with my internal telephone wiring and nothing to do with Sky. The problem didn't show up with BT because the slower 2mb BT connection didn't push the line to its limits which was when the fault occurred. Now the wiring is fixed I have a rock solid 8mb connection with no complaints at all. Four times as fast as BT and 4 times cheaper.

Nail on the head there m8, I have had SKY BB for some time now and more than happy with.

Hammerbear you have an 8 day cooling off period from activation date so I would suggest you try it as you may be surprised.

If you cancel now you are setting yourself up for a shed load of hassle as SKY could not give you a MAC code as you are not yet active and if you requested they cancel it you will without doubt have down time.

My advice would be is to try it first if you aint happy within the 8 days request a MAC code and go back to BT, nothing lost

sc0tsman is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: livingston
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

PS. most peoples problems evolve form there own doing and not the ISP.

Hammerbear is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Thanks very much for your replies guy's, they have given me some confidence.
      When I first went with BT they installed a dedicated socket for my BB so I am hoping that will help my cause.
      I am going to take your advice and give it a try

Kind regards......Ted