Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 63k members.

Unknown Connection Problem

This is a discussion on Unknown Connection Problem within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hi, for the last 2 and abit weeks I've been un able to connect to the internet via my sky ...

Jecht is offline Sky User Member
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Sky TV:

Unknown Connection Problem

Hi, for the last 2 and abit weeks I've been un able to connect to the internet via my sky broardband connection, here is a list of things that I have tryd and all so far have faild unfortunatly (I am using someone's wireless connection at the moment);

Changing ethernet cables,
      Rebooting router (many times),
      Running programme's such as winsockxpfix and TCP optimizer,
      Sky technical support say the line is ok and its not a technical issue by what they can see,
      tryed using another router what I has with a previous ISP,
      changed the phone socket the router runs through,
      bill is payd and no connection,
      sky say its got us down as reciving the internet and has told us it isnt the bill,
      same machine works on a wireless and a friends internet connection (ethernet) so I dont think its my PC settings,
      did a system restore do before i lost connection just to be sure it wasnt settings.

I'm all out of idea's now and still have no internet connection, if anyone here can think of anything else? I personally think its an error or sky's. Here is some pictures of my router page and the msn connection trouble shooter, if that helps anyone atall;

Sorry for the long thread and thanks in advance .

2. Advertisement
      NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      St Helens
      Blog Entries

Re: Unknown Connection Problem

Those pictures quite clearly show that your router is not receiving an IP address from the Internet connection. Whatever you do on the inside of your master socket, ie cabling, wireless etc, is not going to make any difference.

You are not been assigned a connection, although the ADSL is definitely present. It could be an exchange fault possible or even the router. Try resetting the router by pushing a pen in the small hole at the back for about 15 seconds and try again. Failing that, I am afraid you are going to have to speak to Sky again and explain that you are not:

1) Authenticating

2) Receiving an IP address

~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Follow us on Twitter @skyuser