Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Port forwarding to counterstrike server

This is a discussion on Port forwarding to counterstrike server within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hi I followed these instructions perfectly (with my thanks) but I can't get my Counter-Strike Source Dedicated Server accessible to ...

Jack4378 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: How to set up port forwarding to an internal web server

Hi

I followed these instructions perfectly (with my thanks) but I can't get my Counter-Strike Source Dedicated Server accessible to my friends on the Internet. I can connect (through LAN), but my friends can't and it doesn't appear in the Internet Server List in Steam.

Does anyone know if running a dedicated server is possible on Sky BB, and if so can you help me out?

I have tried everything - manually forward all Steam ports (1200, 27000-27040 UDP & TCP), forced a static IP following the instructions on PortForward.com - Free Help Setting up Your Router or Firewall as well as the above.

When I run the Steam test, it says I can be seen on all the required ports, so I know they are open. It must be something with the IP address, but I am stumped.

Any help gratefully received.

Jack

2. Advertisement
      mossywell is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LSMEPK
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Port forwarding to counterstrike server

Post moved to new thread (original thread was about web servers only). Thread refered to is here: How to set up port forwarding to an internal web server
      IQ album "Dark Matter" artwork reproduced with permission. See www.gep.co.uk/iq for more information.