Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

trying to escape

This is a discussion on trying to escape within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; I am moving house soon but within contract. With the rubbish router that replaces the need for central heating and ...

blzbob is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

trying to escape

I am moving house soon but within contract.

With the rubbish router that replaces the need for central heating and constant rebooting I want to escape to a competent provider. What is the likelihood of them letting me out and what are they likely to charge, 3 or 4 months left but I just dont want to put up with the pain any more and the house move is the chance of a clean break.

2. Advertisement
      dholdi is offline Sky User Beta tester
      Exchange: LCRIB
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: trying to escape

Hi - i think that they would let you go if you paid up your contract. However have you tried to resolve the problems you have ? You dont have many posts which suggests that you havn't asked for any advice and checking your posts it looks like youve got a downer on sky. Dont get me wrong, I'm far from being skys biggest fan and am still arguing with them 6 months after joining and I think their customer services are a joke - but this site can help you sort most problems including "constant rebooting" if you want the help
      dave

sc0tsman is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: livingston
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: trying to escape

If you are moving home then you have to re-subscribe and pay your activation fee again. Then they would have to also be able to provide you with the service as it may not be available.

Anyway if you read between the lines i'm sure you will see a get out there

PS. Then again you may get a better connection in your new property.