Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Sky Broadband - Faulty router problem

This is a discussion on Sky Broadband - Faulty router problem within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Can anyone help/advise me.... I signed up for Sky Broadband about 3 weeks ago. All seemed fine. I got my ...

g13ryj is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Warrington
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Sky Broadband - Faulty router problem

Can anyone help/advise me....

I signed up for Sky Broadband about 3 weeks ago. All seemed fine. I got my router and the activation date was the 29th March.

I plugged the router in and only the connections lights came on (1-4). No other lights came on not even the power light. The router can't even be seen by my Xbox so I cam to the conclusion that the router is broken.

I rang Sky and they said they would send me a new one out... that didn't arrive. I rang again a number of times getting passed from pilar to post. Finally last night I got through to someone normal with a bit of sense and he said that a new one hadn't be sent out or ordered - Great

He says he has now raised a ticket for me for a new one to be sent out.

I was just wondering if anyone has had a faulty router like this before?

Is there an email address so I can contact Sky again to get them to confirm ion writing that the router has been sent out? I don't fancy ringing the 0870 number again for hours.

Any help appreciated.

Cheers

Gary ... still no internet at home

2. Advertisement
      Koala5 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Dunstable
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Sky Broadband - Faulty router problem

Have you tried pressing the little reset button on the back of it? Think they scrapped the email address but I think there is something on the sky website for sending messages, not used it myself so dont know how it works, guess you may need to be logged in.
      Last edited by Koala5; 05-04-07 at 11:00 AM.

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Yeah I have tried everything but with no success.

I might try and bash it about tonight against the wall. See if that makes it work

youravinalarrrf is offline Sky User Beta tester
      Exchange: MYBD
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by g13ryj View Post
      I plugged the router in and only the connections lights came on (1-4). No other lights came on not even the power light. The router can't even be seen by my Xbox so I cam to the conclusion that the router is broken.

I was just wondering if anyone has had a faulty router like this before?
      Had exactly the same problem you describe but I had mine working for nearly 5 months before it finally died! I can confirm that your router is definitely knackered!

It took over 2 weeks to get a replacement out of them and numerous phone calls. It turned out the first time I phoned and spoke to some bloody Indian who could neither understand or speak English hadn't even ordered a replacement. The second time spoke to someone with a Scottish accent (not much better) who confirmed a note was on my file but that no router had been ordered for me but couldn't tell me why. Didn't seem to understand the words "overnight delivery" and "urgent". It still took another week to finally get a replacement.

Their customer services are truly the worst I have ever come across. Not only are they totally incompetent but they just don't give a **** either!!!

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

So I guess it won't arrive before Easter weekend. Balls

They did say that Parcel Force are now delivering the routers and not Parcel Line so maybe that might speed things up... then again...

I actually feel sorry for the people working there. They are like robots reading the same things out and having everyone shouting at them. It seems to me that there is no method in what they do. Replacing a new router should be a piece of cake

intheknow! is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

replacing a router is a simple process, very simple in fact using the system.

u woulnt believe the amount of customers who phone up saying router is knackered and want a new one the next day.

a replacement router will be isued upon full checks which deem the router to be faulty but till thats carried out you wont get a replacement end of story.

the whole process i can assure u about this has been brought up several times at work

"Not only are they totally incompetent but they just don't give a **** either!!!"
      i hope ur not using that for everyone at sky bb tech, i can assure u many ppl are not as hopeless as half the ppl the posters on here say they speak too.

youravinalarrrf is offline Sky User Beta tester
      Exchange: MYBD
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by intheknow! View Post
      "Not only are they totally incompetent but they just don't give a **** either!!!"
      i hope ur not using that for everyone at sky bb tech, i can assure u many ppl are not as hopeless as half the ppl the posters on here say they speak too.
      Don't take this personally but unfortunately the evidence of my personal experience together with that of many others tales of woe and utter incompetence on this and other forums says otherwise. You can't defend the indefencible!!

Let's look at the evidence shall we:-

1. 3-5 days for a simple call back which you hardly ever make - what planet are you on???
      2. 3-5 days for delivery of a parcel - have you absolutely no concept of urgency???
      3. Premium rate lines for essential customer service - come on?

I agree the law of averages dictates that not all of you can be totally incompetent it's just unfortunate that the few of you who say you do give a **** are outweighed by the majority that couldn't care less.

Let's be honest you have to be a total pillock to take a call, the outcome of which requires just one thing, a replacement router to be sent out to the customer and then NOT SEND ONE!!! It's just impossible to defend that!

As Mr. Micawber once famously said "You pays peanuts and you gets monkeys!!"

A mistake can happen just once and we can all accept that (as long as it affects someone else and not us!).

I just thank the Lord you lot don't work for me!!!