Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

New broadbander to Sky,happy it's free for now.

This is a discussion on New broadbander to Sky,happy it's free for now. within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Originally Posted by steve mirfin Having only been on Sky broadband for 3 weeks and a first time broadband user ...

sc0tsman is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: livingston
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: New broadbander to Sky,happy it's free for now.

Quote Originally Posted by steve mirfin View Post
      Having only been on Sky broadband for 3 weeks and a first time broadband user I am a little disappointed in the whole set up.I am not able to access the emails and the iniatial time scales given for the system to be online did not happen as stated.
      While it's free I will stay but to retain my custom they will need to improve.The offer of free will be limited as they will creep in a payment for this on the same basis as they did with Sky TV.
      Take advantage while we can and suffer the failures with as little grumbles as possible,if they fix it then it's a bonus.
      IT IS FREE UNTILL THEY SLICKEN UP THE NUMBERS ON LINE then watch your mail box or letter box, the charges will come.

Freeloader for now

SM
      You have "MAX" package under your name obviously a typo or you work for SKY hence the free part.

As for you scepticism about the free package it WILL always be free so long as you have a SKY subscription now I am not sure if you are always the life and soul of the party but enjoy your free broadband and more importantly enjoy your free skyuser forum

__________________________________________________ __________

I also noticed on your other post that you were going along the same line, if I were recieving something free I would be more than pleased as opposed to being grumpy about it, have a beer big guy and chill out.

Quote Originally Posted by steve mirfin View Post
      Ive not been able to log in to the emails since going on line 3 weeks ago.Still no fix.I'm new to broadband and from all the grief I have read on this and other sites I am not that impressed with its performance.
      If Sky put forward charges for this site at any time in the future, which they will.If you remember how they crept in the charges for Sky TV it will come for this FREE BROADBAND service,then they will have to improve for me to stay.

PS. Most people have a backup or primary email from HERE
      Last edited by sc0tsman; 10-06-07 at 01:47 AM.

2. Advertisement
      newskyBOd Guest
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:

remember the old saying

nothing is for free

ITS NOT FREE

are you paying for tv too well its not free then is it ???????

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

are you paying for tv too well its not free then is it ???????
      Not really correct, you pay the same for Sky TV whether you take the Broadband option or not

sc0tsman is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: livingston
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

If you were already a SKY subscriber and then opted for BB then it is free and damn good at that.

Koala5 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Dunstable
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Broadband prices have been coming down for a lonth time So why on earth would they suddenly start going up? and as for Sky prices always going up haven't they just dropped the 10 Sky+ subscription.
      My Aunt recently changed from NTL/Virgin to Sky for phone, tele and broadband she has the same TV package the same 2mb broadband and the same anytime phone package for 40 a month less! Thats 480 a year saving!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12